Thread: Thinking of getting a Keurig, could use some advice!

Default Thinking of getting a Keurig, could use some advice!

I know several people on here have a Keurig machine. I've been thinking of getting one whenever my current machine dies, but had received some Macy's gift cards from work. My intention, originally, was to use those to get a machine one of these days. I saw last weekend that they ran them on sale....except Macy's sale prices are about the same as the everyday prices everywhere else! So, I'm not too keen on getting one from Macy's, but I started looking at models last weekend.

Originally I had started looking at the Keurig Vue, the newer model, but it looks like the Vue cups are more expensive and a lot harder to find. That led me to start looking at the Keurig Platinum machine, as K cups are pretty easy to find, have a good variety, and are less expensive....but I'm seeing the regular Keurig machines have a somewhat short life expectancy.

What model do you have and have you had any problems? I've seen a few good deals on QVC, but I'm still deciding!

Also does anyone know if you can use a Bed Bath & Beyond 20% off coupon and still get SR credit? I know that will be iffy....

Thanks!
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    I know several people on here have a Keurig machine. I've been thinking of getting one whenever my current machine dies, but had received some Macy's gift cards from work. My intention, originally, was to use those to get a machine one of these days. I saw last weekend that they ran them on sale....except Macy's sale prices are about the same as the everyday prices everywhere else! So, I'm not too keen on getting one from Macy's, but I started looking at models last weekend.

Originally I had started looking at the Keurig Vue, the newer model, but it looks like the Vue cups are more expensive and a lot harder to find. That led me to start looking at the Keurig Platinum machine, as K cups are pretty easy to find, have a good variety, and are less expensive....but I'm seeing the regular Keurig machines have a somewhat short life expectancy.

What model do you have and have you had any problems? I've seen a few good deals on QVC, but I'm still deciding!

Also does anyone know if you can use a Bed Bath & Beyond 20% off coupon and still get SR credit? I know that will be iffy....

Thanks!
    I have a Keurig mini and I love it. I have a small kitchen and it fits well on my counter. Kohls has good sales on them. I shop around for the Kcups as they are expensive compared to a regular drip coffeemaker but less expensive than Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks.

Be sure to register your machine with Keurig.com in case there are any problems, I hear they have great customer service. Plus when you register the machine they will e-mail you a coupon for buy 2 boxes of coffee get 2 free!

How long have you had yours, SCard?

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    How long have you had yours, SCard?
    It was a Christmas gift last year. We had a regular one in my office for 4 years and never had any problems with it; 6-8 people using it daily. The company switched to Aramark and we now have a commercial grade Keurig.

I have heard of people saying that Keurig is really good about replacing broken machines. I think mine was only $60-70 on sale but the mini is perfect for me as I am the only coffee drinker in the house.

Amazon.com has quite a few customer reviews.
    Last edited by SCard; 05-31-2013 at 06:55 PM.

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

I have the Elite B40. My girls got it for me for Mother's Day, last year. I love mine especially because I hate making coffee when I first wake up (or, any other time) and I am the only coffee drinker in the house. Like Scard, I registered mine and got the free coffee. I buy alot of my kcups at Kohls when they are on sale and I have a 30% off code. Recently, I was able to buy two of the 48 cup Holiday selections for something like $11-12/each because I found them on clearance and had a 30% coupon. Hope you enjoy yours.

Thanks! My mom decided my research meant SHE needed a Keurig too. She got the Vue on Saturday at BJ's. At that point, I couldn't make myself wait anymore. The Vue had the better reviews, and Mom gave it a thumbs up, so I went and got one from BJ's too. Their deal was better than anyone else and includes 50 bonus Vue cups.

Thanks for the heads up about the deal after registering! I mentioned that to Mom, who had asked me to buy her some mochas if I found them anywhere, and she decided to stick some in her first Keurig order. I haven't really given it too much thought on what to get yet.

Happy birthday to ME!

Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Hope you both enjoy your Kuerigs! My daughter loves the caramel cappucino. I am really fond of the iced coffees, especially the creamy and sweet version. Brew over ice and stir. Don't need to add anything else.