Thread: Easy make ahead meal ideas...

Default Easy make ahead meal ideas...

Hey everyone. I know I've been a bit scarce around here lately! So busy! But, I need to pick your brains for some recipe ideas....

The situation: We have had an exchange student living with us for s
    The school year. She will be leaving on June 25 (we are very sad!). We have decided that we will have a small goodbye party, mostly family, although it will also include her Boyfriend and his family and maybe a few of her school friends.

The problem: We have decided to do the party on Father's Day, for a number of reasons, not the least of which is because that is when everyone is available. However, DD and exchange daughter's BF have a big honors concert that day at 3:00. We will be having the party following the concert back at the house.

So...because it is Father's Day, I don't want my DH to have to do all the cooking (grilling), and believe it or not, I don't grill....have never done it, cause that is DH's domain. Now I know it's really easy and all, but I do not want my first attempt to be on a day when people are coing over for a party.

Soo....I am looking for recipes for yummy foods that I can make ahead and either serve cold, or heat up easily when people get here. I already have plenty of salad type recipes, but I need a main course. My only thought so far is to make a pot of pulled pork, which wolus be okay, I suppose, if I can't come up with anything better. But if anyone has any awesome ideas, I'd love some help!

Thanks!!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Not sure if it would work for you, but for my son's birthday we did a taco bar. We precooked the meat and then heated it up in a crockpot (a separate one had beans). Other than that we just had to set out all the toppings. It was really quite easy and was a huge hit.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I LOVE that idea!!!! It would be so easy, and I could do both chicken and beef....and then if there are lefovers, the extra meat could just go in the freezer! Also not weather dependent!

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by speechteachri; 06-10-2013 at 02:22 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Glad I could help.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards