Thread: Just Returned from the Fantasy

Default Just Returned from the Fantasy

We just completed our DCL "Grand Slam" with our first cruise on the Fantasy! I could probably write a book about it, but here are a few of the things that stood out to me most:
    • The Fantasy really is pretty much exactly like the Dream. Especially if you have no need for the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique.
    • The are sooooo many people on the Dream and Fantasy. It makes some things so crowded that they are not up to Disney standards. Like the buffets around brunch time. And the dining rooms for every meal. And the pools unless you are at a good port.
    • The adult tasting seminars are some of our favorite parts of the cruise but they are definitely not going all out for them like they used to. We didn't even get glasses of water or crackers at the wine tasting this time.
    • It's definitely worth it to use a travel agent. Even if you think you can do it all yourself.
    • Getting the Navigators in advance is helpful so that you don't miss out on any of the big things that you want to do.
    • The shows on board are truly wonderful and were enjoyed by everyone in our family regardless of age.
    • The 3 and 4 day cruises just aren't long enough for me to really relax. 5 days was on the border. 7 days is perfect. But I could probably do 10.
    • Bonine is much better for sea sickness than Dramamine. I have been sick on every other cruise I took. Did the Bromine this time and was not sick once.

We definitely had a fabulous time and it was sad getting off the ship. But we talked about it quite a bit and will probably try to go back to the Magic or Wonder next time depending on where they are sailing. We just like the size of those ships better. Of course, the staff on the Fantasy told us that it is so much better from a technological standpoint than the other 3 ships. I am anxious to see what people say about the Magic after she is refurbished!

Good to know. We're booked in the Wonder next year (might not happen, as it is right after graduation).
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    We just completed our DCL "Grand Slam" with our first cruise on the Fantasy! I could probably write a book about it, but here are a few of the things that stood out to me most:
    • The Fantasy really is pretty much exactly like the Dream. Especially if you have no need for the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique.
    • The are sooooo many people on the Dream and Fantasy. It makes some things so crowded that they are not up to Disney standards. Like the buffets around brunch time. And the dining rooms for every meal. And the pools unless you are at a good port.
    • The adult tasting seminars are some of our favorite parts of the cruise but they are definitely not going all out for them like they used to. We didn't even get glasses of water or crackers at the wine tasting this time.
    • It's definitely worth it to use a travel agent. Even if you think you can do it all yourself.
    • Getting the Navigators in advance is helpful so that you don't miss out on any of the big things that you want to do.
    • The shows on board are truly wonderful and were enjoyed by everyone in our family regardless of age.
    • The 3 and 4 day cruises just aren't long enough for me to really relax. 5 days was on the border. 7 days is perfect. But I could probably do 10.
    • Bonine is much better for sea sickness than Dramamine. I have been sick on every other cruise I took. Did the Bromine this time and was not sick once.

We definitely had a fabulous time and it was sad getting off the ship. But we talked about it quite a bit and will probably try to go back to the Magic or Wonder next time depending on where they are sailing. We just like the size of those ships better. Of course, the staff on the Fantasy told us that it is so much better from a technological standpoint than the other 3 ships. I am anxious to see what people say about the Magic after she is refurbished!
    Can't compare ships as I've only been on the Magic but I just have to second the Bonine recommendation!! I've been on 17 cruises in my life and I take it everyday whether I think I need it or not!!! Great stuff!!!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Can't compare ships as I've only been on the Magic but I just have to second the Bonine recommendation!! I've been on 17 cruises in my life and I take it everyday whether I think I need it or not!!! Great stuff!!!
    That's exactly what I did. I started taking it morning and night a couple of days before I left and then continued it twice a day until we had the 3 port days in a row. Those days I only took it once a day. Then I went back to twice a day and took it the whole way through the rest of the cruise and then also our trip to WDW so that I could ride more of the rides.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    That's exactly what I did. I started taking it morning and night a couple of days before I left and then continued it twice a day until we had the 3 port days in a row. Those days I only took it once a day. Then I went back to twice a day and took it the whole way through the rest of the cruise and then also our trip to WDW so that I could ride more of the rides.
    Exactly the way I take it, highly recommend! I buy the generic (Rugby brand) chewables online at drugstore.com, getting SR credit for it of course. Comes in a bottle of 100 tabs for $5.99, same thing and way cheaper.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I just did a review of the Chocolate and Wine Tasting we did. I love the tasting seminars!

Disney Cruise Chocolate and Wine Tasting