Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death of a Member

Default Death of a Member

For those of you who did not see the announcement on Facebook, I am reposting here in the forum. I can't remember this ever happening since the beginning of SR. I'm just not sure how to even handle it.

"Sunshine Rewards is more than just a business to us, it's part of our family. So it is with sadness that I post that I just learned of the death of one of our members who has been with us almost since the beginning and who many of us have gotten to know through the site. Mary Lynn Rodgers (known as "Iteach" in the forum) has passed away. I will post as I know more for those who want to pay their respects. Mary Lynn was always a source of true joy and happiness, and we will miss her greatly. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family, especially her sister, Jeanne."

I am sure that many of you know Mary Lynn from being a VERY active poster here in the forum. In fact, she has been one of the most active SR members since before we even started the forum. It's such a shock to have just logged onto Facebook and seen the post there about it. I'm sure that Jeanne will contact me in some way once she wraps her brain around it all to let me know if there is anything that we can do.

I've never felt further away and closer to our members at the same time. It's strange to feel like I knew Mary Lynn when I never actually met her. On the other hand, we have all been through so much here in this forum over the years that I feel like I know many of you on a personal level (and had just mentioned that in the Super Member Lounge yesterday).

Praying for Mary Lynn's family today. She had a lot of people in her life that really loved her--kids, grandkids, etc. I'm sure she is watching down on all of them now and forever.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

This is so sad to hear! Mary Lynn was so active in SR and I have had many private messages with her over various topics through the years! She was so sweet and funny! And she loved her family so much! Her granddaughter looks like her "mini me" and she will definitely live on through her!

My heart and prayers go out to her family during this difficult time.
    Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

So sad to hear. She will be missed.
    Sunshine Rewards

Prayers for her family

My prayers are with her family.

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Oh I am so sad! She will be missed! My thoughts go out to her friends and family.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

This is so sad. Many thoughts and prayers for her family.
    LEA ANN

Sunshine Rewardswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Oh my! That is quite a shock. Sending thoughts their way.
    Sunshine Rewards

So sad. Somedays we feel we can talk more to our cyber friends, than our own family and friends, especially earning our extra money for Disney. Thanks for letting us know Tricia and caring to to share it with us.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

So sad to hear this. please keep us posted.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.