Thread: Refrigerator removal at Disney Resorts

Default Refrigerator removal at Disney Resorts

I know a lot of us count on having refrigerators in our Disney rooms, so those visiting soon please be aware:

Due to a possible defect in the refrigerators in some of the Guest rooms at the Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® Resorts, as well as Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Resort hotels at these locations have removed or temporarily disconnected Guest room refrigerators until the issue can be resolved.

Guests staying at these Resort hotels will be notified of the refrigerator removal via a letter in their room. Currently the schedule for replacing the refrigerators at these Resorts is expected to last several months.

This is for all Resorts, except Disney Vacation Club rooms and the cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground, Family Suites at Disney's Art of Animation Resort, as well as the Family Suites at Disney's All-Star Music Resort. Currently we do not have an exact timeframe for when the fridges will be replaced, but it is expected to take at least 4 months. At each Resort there will be a limited number of refrigerators available by special request.

You can call the Disney Reservation Center to request a fridge in advance of your vacation. Or, once at the Resort, you may request a fridge by dialing "0" on your Resort phone. The Resorts will do their best to fulfill these requests, however they cannot be guaranteed.

Wendy Hale
    Authorized Disney Vacation Planner Ask me about $50 onboard credit on all new Disney Cruise Line bookings and $25 Disney Gift Card for any Disney Resort Vacation bookings!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Affiliated with MouseEarVacations.com | Vacations By Wendy Facebook Page | Disney Travel Newsletter Sign-up
    Email me at WendyH@CrusingCo.com for no obligation quotes on Walt Disney World Vacations, Disney Cruise Line vacation, Adventures by Disney, Disneyland Resort vacations!!!

Yikes, this could cause problems for a lot of people. My brother is diabetic and NEEDS a fridge in the room for his insulin. He couldn't find one reasonably priced close enough to Cedar Point last year that he just stayed with our parents 1.5 hours away and drove both days. I wonder if those who have health issues will have priority on the refrigerators?
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards