Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What grade are the kids in your life going into this year?

Default What grade are the kids in your life going into this year?

It's a big year here at Hedy Central: Sharpay is starting college, Mordie will be a senior in high school, and Ferdie will be a freshman in high school. Oh, and I will be entering my last year of grad school.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Wow!!! That is definitely a big year!!

We are having a "transition" year ourselves. Cassie starts Middle School and Jillian starts Junior High. So I am expecting it to be a little bumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Wow!!! That is definitely a big year!!

We are having a "transition" year ourselves. Cassie starts Middle School and Jillian starts Junior High. So I am expecting it to be a little bumpy.
    Eep..those are biggies! How do grades work where you are? How long is junior high?

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Eep..those are biggies! How do grades work where you are? How long is junior high?
    It's a little weird here. Middle school is 5th and 6th. Junior High is 7th and 8th. But it just so happens that the schools where the girls go are actually attached. So they will ride the same bus and be in the same building. But the schools themselves are run completely separately.

I'm okay with Jillian being in Junior High now since Middle school was such a big step. But I am not okay with Cassie being in middle school!!

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Anna is going into 10th grade and Grace starts college. Wow, that still boggles my mind.

Last yr was a biggie for us. Anna decided to study less and socialize more. We were constantly fighting over her school work. I was use to a type A student and she had gone on hiatus. In the end, she did fine but I hope this yr is smoother.

Grace worked her last 6 months of HS, graduated in top 10% but she is not going to work while in college. She will be going to our local community college and if you meet the requirements, the county picks up what ever scholarships don't. After that, maybe UT Knoxville. She vy much needs all the scholarships she can get, if she attends UTK, so we have discussed that grades, etc will be worth alot more than what she makes at Popeye's. She is more than ready to quit Popeye's. She is well liked, does a good job but she hates dealing with rude customers. She thinks it will be "better" somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    Anna is going into 10th grade and Grace starts college. Wow, that still boggles my mind.

Last yr was a biggie for us. Anna decided to study less and socialize more. We were constantly fighting over her school work. I was use to a type A student and she had gone on hiatus. In the end, she did fine but I hope this yr is smoother.

Grace worked her last 6 months of HS, graduated in top 10% but she is not going to work while in college. She will be going to our local community college and if you meet the requirements, the county picks up what ever scholarships don't. After that, maybe UT Knoxville. She vy much needs all the scholarships she can get, if she attends UTK, so we have discussed that grades, etc will be worth alot more than what she makes at Popeye's. She is more than ready to quit Popeye's. She is well liked, does a good job but she hates dealing with rude customers. She thinks it will be "better" somewhere else.
    Wow, congrats!

One DS starts middle school, 7th grade and the other starts 10th grade. I'm excited for them to return to school.

Boy, time flies! Our kids have really grown up quickly. Omg, remember when I posted about Blessing not wanting to go to school in Pre-K? LOL. Seems like yesterday! The girls are going to the 4th grade now!!! Wow. And they both love it. Now she cries if she need to miss a day! They both have been on the the all "A" Honor Roll and all "E" since 1st grade. I can't believe how fast time is going. Don't forget to stop and smell the roses along this journey!

Congrats to everyone!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    Boy, time flies! Our kids have really grown up quickly. Omg, remember when I posted about Blessing not wanting to go to school in Pre-K? LOL. Seems like yesterday! The girls are going to the 4th grade now!!! Wow. And they both love it. Now she cries if she need to miss a day! They both have been on the the all "A" Honor Roll and all "E" since 1st grade. I can't believe how fast time is going. Don't forget to stop and smell the roses along this journey!

Congrats to everyone!
    Holy cow! I hope you're all doing well.

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post

Congrats to everyone!
    Wow it is hard to believe that the twins are going into 4th grade. Time seems to go faster and faster!
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards