Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Gravy! What's the Survey Problem?

I also find stoplights helpful but I can see where they could hurt people trying to because if we all see red and all think they same thing then no one will try and they will never become green
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Interestingly, I just went and ran some numbers to see just how bad the surveys are right now. I ran the number of CLICKS last year versus this year as well as the number of COMPLETIONS--to see how the overall percentages compare.

Across the board we had HALF The number of people even trying surveys this August as we had last August. The completion percentages were down, but only by a few percent each. Obviously the biggest change was that we used to have the two SSIs all month and now we seem to only be getting them for a week.

So I'm not sure what has changed. We're still getting completions overall at about the same percent as last year. But we have a LOT less attempts than we had last year.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Interestingly, I just went and ran some numbers to see just how bad the surveys are right now. I ran the number of CLICKS last year versus this year as well as the number of COMPLETIONS--to see how the overall percentages compare.

Across the board we had HALF The number of people even trying surveys this August as we had last August. The completion percentages were down, but only by a few percent each. Obviously the biggest change was that we used to have the two SSIs all month and now we seem to only be getting them for a week.

So I'm not sure what has changed. We're still getting completions overall at about the same percent as last year. But we have a LOT less attempts than we had last year.
    2:05AM???

too bad the surveys couldn't be listed on the page in order of the ones you have the best chance of getting into one. Greenfield and AMPs at the top of the list are some of the hardest to get into.
    Last edited by SCard; 08-29-2013 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCard View Post
    2:05AM???
    <sigh> I've been a little stressed about our numbers.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

<sigh> I've been a little stressed about our numbers.
    I try each and every day, I do appreciate all the opportunities SR has provided me to earn extra money. This fall's trip to Disney is being paid for almost exclusively by my Sunshine earning. Starting to save for the next trip. We can only afford to go every 4-5 years so it takes me awhile to save up.

The problem has now become kind of circular. I complain to the survey companies that we are not getting many surveys and they keep pointing out that we have less and less people trying them. It actually started when we put up the stoplight system and has gotten worse ever since. It might have been the biggest mistake we ever made.
    I think the stoplight system can both help and hurt. I hope to have more time for surveys now that the kids are back in school, but if it is late at night and I see all red stoplights, I am less likely to try at all. If I see several green, it encourages me to stay up a little later and try to get a couple of surveys.

Losing SSI so early in the month hurts a lot too, and not just for SSI numbers. I almost always try for SSI if they are available, and since they are fairly easy to qualify for, I end up trying other surveys once I finish SSI. When SSI runs out, it seems like we have more red than green stoplights, which can be discouraging, especially if you have a small amount of time available.

I do appreciate all the opportunities at SR, even at the leaner times. I am already worried about the Holiday Contest if SSI goes early in the month. I'll have to boost my earnings and entries with some holiday shopping.

Just my $.02....I like the spotlight system because as others have said, it helps me rank which ones to try first. But, yes, when I log on and see all red, I do get discouraged.

For me however, it doesn't mean I don't try-it does however mean that I'll try only a couple that I have the most luck with rather than 8-10.

The biggest difference for me is that it's taking a lot longer to even complete the 1 or 2 I'm able to qualify for. I used to be able to get a least one before I had to leave for work. Now, because it's taking so long to even get thru the demographics and the "you don't qualify for that one; here's another one"-etc most morning I don't even try to get a survey before heading out.

Next month is my 4 year annv with SR. And I really appreciate the opportunities here....

Good point about the surveys taking longer. Quite a few of the GF's take lots longer than they used to, like 30 minutes.there are a few others that seem to be longer now too.

Not only are SSI the easiest to get into, they are usually around 15 minutes.

If someone only has say 60 minutes/day to do surveys and they are longer now then they might only have time to do 2 instead of 3-4 15 minute ones.

I got a little feedback from Greenfield. They said that they actually recently kicked out a bunch of their partners but we made the cut to stay in, so that is good! They have some new surveys on the way that we should be looking out for that might give us a nice bump in completions.

Hopefully only a couple more days until SSI comes back, too!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

I got a little feedback from Greenfield. They said that they actually recently kicked out a bunch of their partners but we made the cut to stay in, so that is good! They have some new surveys on the way that we should be looking out for that might give us a nice bump in completions.
    That would be wonderful!