Thread: It wasn't Disney but just as Fab!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default It wasn't Disney but just as Fab!

I just finished my final photo book last night over on Shutterfly from Mike and I's big trip to Copenhagen and the Baltic Capitals. We visited Copenhagen for 2.5 days before getting on the Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas and stopping in Tallinn, Estonia, St. Petersburg, Russia, Helsinki, Finland, and Stockholm, Sweden. We also spent another 1/2 day in Copenhagen on the end of the trip.

The only Disney I saw was the Disney store in Copenhagen but it was still a really fun time.

I don't want to bore everyone with details unless yall want to know about something specific. I think my favorite place was Copenhagen and least favorite was Tallinn.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default Copenhagen

Little Mermaid

Amalienborg

Very massive statue of Fredrick V (I think)

Restaurant we had lunch at. Very old and use to have a 3 meter long menu. Now the chef prepares the menu and lays it out and you go up to her and she tells you what everything is (in about 5 languages) and you order from her.
    Sunshine Rewards

Default Copenhagen

Rosenborg Castle

Changing of the Guards

Throne room and silver lions

Crown

Christianborg
    Sunshine Rewards

Royal Stables - horses spend the summer in the countryside grazing

One of the many carriages

Queen's Library (my favorite)

State Dinner Table
    Sunshine Rewards

Wow, that's beautiful! My great-grandfather was Danish, so Denmark has long been on my bucket list.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Wow, that's beautiful! My great-grandfather was Danish, so Denmark has long been on my bucket list.
    Oh you should definitely go! If it wasn't so darn expensive I'd be going back sooner than in 10 or so years. LOL That and I want to see the UK. Lunch was easily $50 for 2 people and then 2 beers were $20. Russia was really cheap though.
    Sunshine Rewards

Looks and sounds like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing!
    Kayla

Europe is definitely on the horizon for me before too long. I'm just undecided about two things--1) whether it is worth going while the kids are still at home, and 2) whether we should do it by cruise ship or not. I guess those kind of go together. We'd be more likely to do it by cruise ship if we take the kids. If that's the case, maybe we could go in the next 2-3 years. If not, we may need to wait more like 6 or 8.

Beautiful pics, Cate! Europe is definitely on my list as well.

We finally made it to Hawaii this past August and had a wonderful time. Although, this was a dream vacation for DH and I we went ahead and took the twins. And they, too, had a ball. But when we go to Europe, nope, I don't think they are going.

Again, love the pics.
    Sunshine Rewards