Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: So...holidays....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,302

    Default So...holidays....

    What are you getting people?
    The Mom: No idea-possibly a Fish extender for our cruise* or a case for her laptop
    Family exchange: Red sox shirt or nice phone external battery
    Sharpay (19)-Stila gift set
    Mordie (17) and Ferdie (14)-Probably $ or charging stations
    Cousin's wife-bath gift set
    Cousin-pats gloves
    Cousin's DD12 & DS 14-personalized ornaments
    Godmother-jewelery

    How about you?

    *I'm not sure we're doing one, as we cruise right after I graduate.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    The brothers want to get the parents a bigger TV, so that's their big thing from all of us.They think their TV looks tiny in the nice TV stand we got them last year.

    Got Dad a carryon suitcase from a garage sale (they had to borrow mine this year).
    Got Mom a snail tape measure and a couple of sewing patterns. The idea is to make one of the snail items from the patterns....I may just give her the patterns instead and let her make them herself.
    Brother 1 & wife are getting a quilt I'm making. They like lions. The name of the quilt pattern is Ludwig Lion. I think that is a stupid name and have renamed him Ludwig von Koopa, in honor of Super Mario Bros. Also got them a small ornament.

    Brother 2....I'm thinking Entertainment book. In light of their bankruptcy, I'm not so sure about this now.

    Brother 3....he's the one I need a list for. He did say he wants Wreck it Ralph, so might get that and some lottery tix to even him up with Bro 2.

    All 3 brothers: OSU duct tape for the first two, bacon duct tape for the third.

    Aunt & uncle: The quilt that was going to be for Grandma.

    Everyone: My grandma passed away in May. Grandpa's been gone for a while. I'm planning on doing a Grandma, Grandpa & me book for everyone, where the "me" part is the recipient---myself, my 3 brothers, my dad and his two brothers, and my cousin. I have the photos saved on my computer, but not quite ready to order yet. I'm looking for some awesome photobook deals....Snapfish has had some recently with buy one, get 2 free.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

    Sunshine Rewards







  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post

    Everyone: My grandma passed away in May. Grandpa's been gone for a while. I'm planning on doing a Grandma, Grandpa & me book for everyone, where the "me" part is the recipient---myself, my 3 brothers, my dad and his two brothers, and my cousin. I have the photos saved on my computer, but not quite ready to order yet. I'm looking for some awesome photobook deals....Snapfish has had some recently with buy one, get 2 free.
    What an awesome idea.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

  4. #4
    arob414's Avatar
    arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

    And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Mom - dvds. Yrs ago, out of lack of any ideas, I went out on a limb and bought her a dvd player. Didn't think she would really use it but I was out of ideas. Turns out it was the best gift ever. She loves old tv shows/movies. So, that is what I buy her every yr. Already caught the old Mary Tyler Moore series on a special at Amazon. And, the girls are going to make ziplock bags full of things to throw in the freezer and eat later - sausage balls, wedding balls, cheese puffs, probably fudge. And, whatever else comes to mind.

    My girls (16 & 18) - all kinds of gc, Starbucks, fast food, clothing, itunes. But, I need some "real" stuff they can put their hands on and I am clueless. Don't need laptops, ipods, game systems. Can't pick out clothes. So, I guess I will have to resort to them making a list.

    The rest are fairly easy, toys for the little ones. The adults don't swap gifts, anymore. And, with my best friend, I compile a basket of all kinds of things. I know if I like it, so will she.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, CA
    Posts
    754

    Default

    Our Christmas gift to ourselves, Walt Disney World.

    The rest of the family will get gift baskets from my stockpile and gift cards. Easy year for me.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    14.5 Hours from the Mouse House
    Posts
    2,964

    Default

    Our real present is a Disney Cruise (youngest daughter and I).


    I ordered the Disney stock from One Share for my daughters and grandson.

    I have a handful of Ducky Dynasty things for my youngest daughter.

    I'm thinking a Dr Pepper stock for my mom and NCIS Los Angeles on DVD

    I'm thinking maybe a small trampoline for my grandson and a large one for my nieces. (Have to do small for grandson because they rent and the big ones are a pain to move)

    Teachers are getting some things I picked up from the 31 Outlet sale.

    Pretty much everyone else - CLUELESS so far.
    *~Kimberly~*

    Sunshine Rewards

    Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

  7. #7
    chipndale's Avatar
    chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    I really wish I knew....usually by now I'm about half done Christmas shopping. This year.....I have a few things bought for my son. My daughter(12) has nothing she wants....guess that will be easy to get My husband is the same as my daughter! My parents are always hard to shop for since they are the type that if they see/want something, they buy it.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    That's a good question! I have no idea. I haven't started yet and normally I would have by now. My oldest son is getting married on November 2, and so I've been busy with that and quite excited but...I think I will buy the twins a nook or kindle fire. Probably one for grand daughter as well. Four older kids will probably get GC's.
    Sunshine Rewards

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    That's a good question! I have no idea. I haven't started yet and normally I would have by now. My oldest son is getting married on November 2, and so I've been busy with that and quite excited but...I think I will buy the twins a nook or kindle fire. Probably one for grand daughter as well. Four older kids will probably get GC's.
    Congrats!
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    What are you getting people?
    The Mom: No idea-possibly a Fish extender for our cruise* or a case for her laptop
    Family exchange: Red sox shirt or nice phone external battery
    Sharpay (19)-Stila gift set
    Mordie (17) and Ferdie (14)-Probably $ or charging stations
    Cousin's wife-bath gift set
    Cousin-pats gloves
    Cousin's DD12 & DS 14-personalized ornaments
    Godmother-jewelery

    How about you?

    *I'm not sure we're doing one, as we cruise right after I graduate.
    Can't go wrong with Red Sox stuff, GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!
    can you tell that I am from MA?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •