Thread: laurentel?

Default laurentel?

Again, I am not sure exactly where to place this post, but move it if necessary.
    There is a funny charge on our phone bill from something called Laurentel, which is a voice messaging service. Supposedly I agreed to this on 3/11 thru a survey, but I have absolutely never heard of this company, and don't remember seeing anything like this on that day. I did no offers that day, and only Greenfield and OTX surveys, and saw nothing like this in them, so I am somewhat befuddled as to the origin of this. My DH called them, got the service canceled, but they said this charge is non-refundable! This really peeves me, because I do not understand where it came from, and do not see how it could have come from doing the Greenfield or OTX surveys. And if it did come from that somehow, it was done completely underhandedly - I don't think I even had a survey that dealt with phones or anything.
    Does anyone know anything about Laurentel - or have something odd like this happen?!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by lanny76 View Post
    Again, I am not sure exactly where to place this post, but move it if necessary.
    There is a funny charge on our phone bill from something called Laurentel, which is a voice messaging service. Supposedly I agreed to this on 3/11 thru a survey, but I have absolutely never heard of this company, and don't remember seeing anything like this on that day. I did no offers that day, and only Greenfield and OTX surveys, and saw nothing like this in them, so I am somewhat befuddled as to the origin of this. My DH called them, got the service canceled, but they said this charge is non-refundable! This really peeves me, because I do not understand where it came from, and do not see how it could have come from doing the Greenfield or OTX surveys. And if it did come from that somehow, it was done completely underhandedly - I don't think I even had a survey that dealt with phones or anything.
    Does anyone know anything about Laurentel - or have something odd like this happen?!
    There was a problem months ago, I think it was found in a particular offer that there was a box that had to be unchecked to make sure that you weren't signing up for their service. That's why with the offers you really need to pay close attention to what is checked etc. I'm sorry that they won't reverese the charges, at least DH was able to get it canceled.
    Sunshine Rewards

I did have something similar happen in the past, not the same company but it was some kind of voice message service. I did manage to contact the company and they credited the charge back, but I basically had to pay it to my phone company first and then the next month I was reimbursed. It definitely came from some freebie offer that I did but it was NOT a greenfield/otx type survey.

Verizon did tell me that this happens often and I could opt to put a block on my phone for third party charges which I did choose to do just in case. I have since switched to phone service through my cable company so I'm not sure if this can happen with cable phone or not? Hmm... maybe I should look into that.

BTW, just because you didn't do an offer on that date doesn't mean it didn't come from an offer you did the day before or even a few days before. It was probably a small print, small check mark box type thing that was difficult to see.
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
    I did have something similar happen in the past, not the same company but it was some kind of voice message service. I did manage to contact the company and they credited the charge back, but I basically had to pay it to my phone company first and then the next month I was reimbursed. It definitely came from some freebie offer that I did but it was NOT a greenfield/otx type survey.

Verizon did tell me that this happens often and I could opt to put a block on my phone for third party charges which I did choose to do just in case. I have since switched to phone service through my cable company so I'm not sure if this can happen with cable phone or not? Hmm... maybe I should look into that.

BTW, just because you didn't do an offer on that date doesn't mean it didn't come from an offer you did the day before or even a few days before. It was probably a small print, small check mark box type thing that was difficult to see.
    I'll say it was difficult to see - because I check for this sort of thing! I have hardly done any offers this month, and only in the last few days have gotten credit for 2. So if this came from some offer I didn't even get credit for, that is also annoying!
    I think we will talk to our phone company about not allowing charges like this, without our express authorization - as in talking to us first!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I have a block on my phone service also. It was free and it keeps 3rd parties from adding or changing my service. I had an issue a year ago from clicking on a free $1000 grocery coupon link in one of the offers. I clicked it so I could get to the next page LOL but I didn't read that I needed to unclick the box before clicking next offer or skip. I got refunded (different company than the one you have) and I put the block on and I have had no issues since them. Well worth it to make the phone call.
    Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

I got the same thing from the same company awhile back
    http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/...ight=laurentel

Make sure you keep checking your bill. It took 3 billing cycles to have mine removed, but they did refund the 3rd one.

Also, I agree, get that block put on your phone!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards