Thread: Attention Survey Takers!

Default Attention Survey Takers!

I've been working with a couple of the survey companies to figure out why credits were not coming through. In some cases we have figured them out over the last month and have given some back credits.

However, in some cases they have found issues that they consider to be cheating. For example, if someone at an IP address is using multiple different email addresses or demographics to complete surveys, they are tracking that. If they think that you are trying to cheat their system by using different email addresses and/or demographics, they are not issuing credits.

We've been hurt SEVERELY in the past (almost to the point of putting us out of business) when survey companies accused our members of cheating. So the fact that I just went and complained about survey credits and then they came back with examples of cheating is not good.

I know this is not happening in every case because they DID find some places where credits were lacking. But in other cases, they were pretty adamant that we were in the wrong.

If you have multiple people in your house taking surveys, I would suggest that each person tries for DIFFERENT survey companies each day rather than the same. I know your chances are better if you can have multiple people trying for the same survey company. But if they survey companies are seeing this as a way to cheat them, we are all going go be in trouble.

So be careful with how you are switching email addresses, demographics, etc. If you are doing it intentionally to take surveys unfairly, they are going to block your credits. If you are doing it because there are multiple people in your house legitimately, you are likely going to have to limit which ones you take in order to 1) ensure you get more of your due credits, and 2) not get yourself locked out from taking any surveys at all.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Couple of questions....

I use one email address for putting in demographics stuff on the surveys themselves. This is NOT my main email address. It's a legitimate email, but not one I check everyday. Yet, SR has another email address-my main one-on my SR account. For receiving your(SR's) emails, and shopping etc. Is that a problem??

Also, I find that I'm having to use two different browsers depending on the survey company. For example, Global has stopped crediting in IE so I use Chrome. Live tells me that they have no surveys for me in IE-yet when I switch to Chrome, Live usually has a survey to try. Is that a problem?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by tjrj1988 View Post
    Couple of questions....

I use one email address for putting in demographics stuff on the surveys themselves. This is NOT my main email address. It's a legitimate email, but not one I check everyday. Yet, SR has another email address-my main one-on my SR account. For receiving your(SR's) emails, and shopping etc. Is that a problem??

Also, I find that I'm having to use two different browsers depending on the survey company. For example, Global has stopped crediting in IE so I use Chrome. Live tells me that they have no surveys for me in IE-yet when I switch to Chrome, Live usually has a survey to try. Is that a problem?
    We do not require that people use their SR email address anymore, sot hat is fine.

I also think it is fine to switch browsers. They didn't give any indications of problems with that.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Question:

I live in an apartment, but I have my parents' house as my address on my sunshine profile, because it's my permanent address on my credit card and to have things shipped to (we've had packages/mail stolen from our apartment before)

Sometimes when taking surveys I forget that I have my parents address on my sunshine profile (since I don't actually live there), and when asked for zip code/address, I enter the info for my apartment instead...does this matter? Can this cause problems?

Not sure specifically which missing credits or which survey company you are referring to, but I had emailed you a few days ago about a Live Sample I had taken that didn't credit. I have only one email that I use for all surveys and I only use my own demographics. Plus, there is no one else at my IP or physical address that takes surveys. Also, I do not take surveys on any other rewards site. So is it possible that it was just a fluke that mine didn't credit? I haven't taken any more Live since then because I am afraid it won't credit. Live Sample was always a big success for me in the past and I would love to start taking them again. Thoughts? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyHailey View Post
    Question:

I live in an apartment, but I have my parents' house as my address on my sunshine profile, because it's my permanent address on my credit card and to have things shipped to (we've had packages/mail stolen from our apartment before)

Sometimes when taking surveys I forget that I have my parents address on my sunshine profile (since I don't actually live there), and when asked for zip code/address, I enter the info for my apartment instead...does this matter? Can this cause problems?
    We do not cross-reference your SR address or email address with what you use for the surveys, so you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TxAggies View Post
    Not sure specifically which missing credits or which survey company you are referring to, but I had emailed you a few days ago about a Live Sample I had taken that didn't credit. I have only one email that I use for all surveys and I only use my own demographics. Plus, there is no one else at my IP or physical address that takes surveys. Also, I do not take surveys on any other rewards site. So is it possible that it was just a fluke that mine didn't credit? I haven't taken any more Live since then because I am afraid it won't credit. Live Sample was always a big success for me in the past and I would love to start taking them again. Thoughts? Thanks.
    There were definitely a few flukes in there as well. They were changing platforms or links or something. So I think it is all back to crediting normally now.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post

There were definitely a few flukes in there as well. They were changing platforms or links or something. So I think it is all back to crediting normally now.
    That is good to know. I will give start trying them again.

I have a question. The company that I had my e-mail address with for years just closed down within the last couple of months, so I had to switch to a yahoo account. So yes, I have had a different address for a month or so now. I have caught myself entering my old e-mail at times and then entered my new address, but I cannot say I have necessarily caught it every time. Is that possibly what caused some to not credit? Believe me, I wish I did not have to switch but when the old e-mail host went out of business I had no choice- and it was quite a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by russellh View Post
    I have a question. The company that I had my e-mail address with for years just closed down within the last couple of months, so I had to switch to a yahoo account. So yes, I have had a different address for a month or so now. I have caught myself entering my old e-mail at times and then entered my new address, but I cannot say I have necessarily caught it every time. Is that possibly what caused some to not credit? Believe me, I wish I did not have to switch but when the old e-mail host went out of business I had no choice- and it was quite a pain.
    I think it's mainly when you try to use multiple in the same day. If it just happens a couple of times, it's not a big deal. Just be careful to try to use the same one since the switch.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

I have a credit for a daily survey for today but I haven't taken one in a couple of weeks (because I haven't been getting credit). Is this one of my missing survey credits?

FWIW, I am the only person at my physical and IP address who takes surveys and I always use the same email but I still have problems getting surveys to credit.
    Claudia

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards