Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell Me Boardwalk is Good!

Default Tell Me Boardwalk is Good!

So we ended up with Boardwalk for our trip this summer. We initially thought after our trip last summer that we wanted to be close to EPCOT because we were there so much. Now it looks by our schedule like we are going to be at MK. I'm looking at Boardwalk and hoping that we made the right choice!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    So we ended up with Boardwalk for our trip this summer. We initially thought after our trip last summer that we wanted to be close to EPCOT because we were there so much. Now it looks by our schedule like we are going to be at MK. I'm looking at Boardwalk and hoping that we made the right choice!
    Don't know anything about it personally, but I have friends who own there (and SSR) and they love it.

You'll have the best of both worlds, time in MK and a nice resort area and quick access to World Showcase and IllumiNations anytime you're back early for the night!
    Kayla

Boardwalk is one of our home resorts. With small grandkids who want to spend most of their time in the MK, we haven't stayed in the Epcot area for awhile now. But we've always enjoyed it there, especially when our boys were teens and now if it's just DH and myself. Love being able to walk to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios and LOVE having Beaches 'n Cream in the vicinity (they now take reservations for meals, too) and a Funnel cake stand on the Boardwalk! The corridors are long, but once we learned the exit locations, we used the stairs to come and go if we were a long way from elevators.

The more I go to Disney, the more I enjoy sampling the different DVC resorts! Each time I plan a trip, I have to 'talk myself into' making a reservation at a new place rather than returning to one we know we like. And each time, I've loved the new one. We just returned from a stay at Villas at Grand Floridian and have our first reservation over Labor Day weekend at Kidani Village at AKL.

Jeanne - happily residing in Wisconsin Badger country

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaO View Post
    Boardwalk is one of our home resorts. With small grandkids who want to spend most of their time in the MK, we haven't stayed in the Epcot area for awhile now. But we've always enjoyed it there, especially when our boys were teens and now if it's just DH and myself. Love being able to walk to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios and LOVE having Beaches 'n Cream in the vicinity (they now take reservations for meals, too) and a Funnel cake stand on the Boardwalk! The corridors are long, but once we learned the exit locations, we used the stairs to come and go if we were a long way from elevators.

The more I go to Disney, the more I enjoy sampling the different DVC resorts! Each time I plan a trip, I have to 'talk myself into' making a reservation at a new place rather than returning to one we know we like. And each time, I've loved the new one. We just returned from a stay at Villas at Grand Floridian and have our first reservation over Labor Day weekend at Kidani Village at AKL.
    Don't want to take over this thread but was wondering how you liked the Villas at Grand Floridian. I was looking at staying there next year and was wondering if it is worth the extra points.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

One of our home resorts is the Boardwalk and after trying most of the other DVC resorts our family always looks forward to returning to the the Boardwalk. One of my favorite moments is watching Illuminations between Mexico and Norway and walking back to the Boardwalk listening to the music when the park is closing. By the time we get to Germany most of the people have left the park and we can enjoy the walk back. We also like being able to walk to Epcot and DHS rather than taking transportation. Walking to Beaches and Cream for a quick dinner and walking around the Boardwalk at night is a good way to end your day.

Just one word of advice, renting a surrey bike on the Boardwalk isn't as relaxing as it looks with all the hills.

You'll enjoy the Boardwalk! Close to great restaurants, close the Epcot, close to Hollywood Studios! I would stay there every time if I could afford it!
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
    Don't want to take over this thread but was wondering how you liked the Villas at Grand Floridian. I was looking at staying there next year and was wondering if it is worth the extra points.
    We loved it and would definitely stay there again! Décor is wonderful with a very relaxing atmosphere. There were 7 of us in a 2-bedroom. Did miss a little bit the third bathroom and slide-out pantry that Bay Lake Tower has. It was fun to have TVs in the bathroom mirrors!
    DH was a little frustrated with the internet connection. He uses it in the evening to get work done - it was very slow and he kept getting bumped off. He called the HELP desk a few times but there was not much they could do - it was the traffic volume and placement of the router.

Thanks for the feedback! It seem like when we booked it we were really excited about it. So I need to just stop second guessing our decision! We do have about 4 days marked as either EPCOT or DS, so those will be nice and handy. And we usually drive to AK and the waterparks anyway since their parking lots are pretty easy. My biggest fear is MK. But my girls are big enough now to know that they had better not complain about any walking!! And the time on the bus is when they catch up on their Instagram accounts.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Thanks for the feedback! It seem like when we booked it we were really excited about it. So I need to just stop second guessing our decision! We do have about 4 days marked as either EPCOT or DS, so those will be nice and handy. And we usually drive to AK and the waterparks anyway since their parking lots are pretty easy. My biggest fear is MK. But my girls are big enough now to know that they had better not complain about any walking!! And the time on the bus is when they catch up on their Instagram accounts.
    If you don't want to walk to Hollywood Studios, the boat ride is nice, too (and you can take the boat to Epcot, but it's probably faster to walk it).