Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tell Me Boardwalk is Good!

I'm even more excited now because we managed to get my sister's OKW reservation switched to BWV so that we can all be at the same place now!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

We own at both Boardwalk Villas and Bay Lake Towers. 99% of our stays we choose The Boardwalk. I personally love being able to stay at Epcot for Illuminations and the causally walk back to our hotel, without fighting the crowds heading towards the bus. LOVE the International Gateway entrance And walking back along the boardwalk to the hotel, I still feel like I am part of the "magic". There is always some form of entertainment, like a magician or juggler, etc.

Most of our trips coincide with the Food & Wine festival, so again, love being close to Epcot. We also always walk to Hollywood studios as it is usually faster than taking the boat. (I believe it's about 1 mile).

We dislike the bus so much that unless we want to be at MK at opening (or go to AK) we walk over to the monorail (about 1.5 miles from hotel to monorail)

The Boardwalk also has a relaxing lounge where you can get coffee, pastries and "adult" drinks if you have some down time.

Wendy Hale
    Authorized Disney Vacation Planner Ask me about $50 onboard credit on all new Disney Cruise Line bookings and $25 Disney Gift Card for any Disney Resort Vacation bookings!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Affiliated with MouseEarVacations.com | Vacations By Wendy Facebook Page | Disney Travel Newsletter Sign-up
    Email me at WendyH@CrusingCo.com for no obligation quotes on Walt Disney World Vacations, Disney Cruise Line vacation, Adventures by Disney, Disneyland Resort vacations!!!

Tricia, I'm curious to hear what you all thought of the Boardwalk. We own at Saratoga and Animal Kingdom but prefer to stay at Boardwalk for the location- especially when runDisney races are involved.

We stayed our first night on this trip in the Grand Floridian Villas and LOVED it! GF was the first resort we stayed in a few times before kids so it has always had a special place for us. The villas were amazing and had such a relaxing feel to them! My daughter is still talking about our one nigh there! The only downside was that the monorail was down one morning and it took quite awhile to get to MK by boat.
    Sunshine Rewards