Thread: Free Trial of Kindle Unlimited

Default Free Trial of Kindle Unlimited

Amazon has announced that its new service, Kindle Unlimited, is now available. You get access to over 600,000 books including popular titles like Diary of a Wimpy Kid, The Giver, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Lord of the Rings, and More. Some audio books are also included.

The great part is that you do not have to have a Kindle to be able to access the library. You can use pretty much any electronic device.

Right now you can get a 30-day trial of the service for free.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Can someone explain the benefits to me? We are Prime Members on Amazon already. So, the way I figure it, we are already paying Amazon $8 plus a month. What's so special about this new service?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by tjrj1988 View Post
    Can someone explain the benefits to me? We are Prime Members on Amazon already. So, the way I figure it, we are already paying Amazon $8 plus a month. What's so special about this new service?
    You only get to "borrow" one book/month.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the borrowing only one book a month can be a pain-especially, as in the last two months, I've chosen something that I end up not finishing.

Yet, I have almost 600 books on my Kindle-none of which I paid full price for-and 80-90% of which I received free. So, I'm just not sure this new program is for me.

Jan
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the borrowing only one book a month can be a pain-especially, as in the last two months, I've chosen something that I end up not finishing.

Yet, I have almost 600 books on my Kindle-none of which I paid full price for-and 80-90% of which I received free. So, I'm just not sure this new program is for me.

Jan
    I borrow a ton of books from the library too, seems like they have more and more. I have never paid full price for a book either

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Jan
    I doubt that I will sign up, I have tons of books on my kindle, many of them free. The free ones look great and are more than I will ever be able to read. From time to time, I end up finding an author that I really like and buy more of their books. My favorite authors don't appear to be part of this program. And, they usually aren't part of the lending library, either. However, I do like how quick and easy it is to get the latest Nora Roberts, etc on my kindle. So, Amazon still has plenty of my business. My mother might say too much.

until it includes a lot of the newer books and major publishers, it's really not worth it.

Some of the books can be found for free online (like the classics) or gotten for free from the library.

For $10 a month I can buy 2-6 ebooks pretty easily

I'm on the fence. I do spend probably $50-100 a month in books. I try to get them from my library but often they are already checked out when I want them. I don't get audiobooks very often but when I do, I like current ones. I might try the free trial just to see if I actually use it enough. We have 4 in our house who read on tablets now, so it might end up worth it spread across all 4 of us. Of course, the kids tend to have less "Fun" reading time once school starts, and that is soon!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs