Thread: Hawaii, I Hope!

Default Hawaii, I Hope!

We are waiting for our new batch of DVC points that we just bought to hit our account and plan on booking Aulani for September.

Soooo....any Aulani tips for us? Or the island in general? Obviously Pearl Harbor. Is the Dole place worth it? What else are "must see" things for me and SunshineGuy? (no kids!)

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

oh that sounds like fun. I have seen some photos from the hiking trails around some of the volcanos. You should look into one of those.
    Sunshine Rewards

We used our DVC points to stay at Aulani in June last year. It was amazing. The resort is beautiful. Beach is great. We rented a car and toured the island. There is a market that is held at the Aloha stadium a few days a week. Good prices for souvenirs. Don't miss the Dole plantation or Pearl Harbor. Hope you guys have a wonderful trip.

Quote Originally Posted by 123disney View Post
    We used our DVC points to stay at Aulani in June last year. It was amazing. The resort is beautiful. Beach is great. We rented a car and toured the island. There is a market that is held at the Aloha stadium a few days a week. Good prices for souvenirs. Don't miss the Dole plantation or Pearl Harbor. Hope you guys have a wonderful trip.
    I am so glad to hear this. We just made the decision to rent a car. I got our tickets for Pearl Harbor on Thursday, and I figured out the distance to the Dole Plantation! We also made reservations at the outdoor restaurant at the resort for sunset one night.

So one day will probably be Pearl Harbor and Dole. One day just hanging out at the resorts. Are there other places we should drive to? I like the idea of the volcanoes and hiking trails.

Waikiki beach was great for people watching (and surfing if that's one of your goals). We climbed Diamond Head which is near Waikiki beach. It is not a tough climb and there is an old military bunker at the top along with a beautiful view of the Pacific and the island. As you near the top there is a long steep set of stairs. You can go left and there is a gentler way to reach the top.

The North Shore has some hiking areas as well. I believe on Saturday Waimea Valley has guided tours where they tell you about the island, plants and things. The beach and waves on the North Shore are great.

I'm sure you are aware of the many things at the resort. The lazy river, pools, and hots tubs are great during the day and beautifully lit at night. There is an amazing spa. There is also a small snorkeling area. We did not utilize it but did watch others from the view holes. It looked like fun.

Did I mention I am so happy and jealous of your trip! Enjoy, we can't wait to go back!

Also check you activities sheet when you check in. There is a luau held a couple of nights at the resort.

I did not go to the cultural center but did hear from a few guest that they enjoyed it.

Don't know if you've gone yet on your trip but definitely do the Cultural Center! It was a big hit with us! We took a helicopter tour of the Island. It was definitely worth it too. Try to fit in Mona Mall (I think that's the name). It's new and the biggest so you can't miss it. It's one of the best outside malls I've ever been too. Oh, we took in a dinner and magic show at one of the hotels and it was awesome!
    I would definitely not book all of the activities in advance. We did that and kinda regretted because we didn't leave enough free days to just relax. Everyday a scheduled tour was awaiting us. And they all take a whole day or most of the day. Then we were too tired to do much of anything else.
    Yep, Pearl Harbor was quite sobering! Makes you wanna come home and read up on it again. Awesome tour.

Enjoy it! It's definitely a trip of a lifetime. We went last Summer and can't wait to go back again, We took the twins also and they had a blast!
    Last edited by Blessing and Miracle; 08-14-2014 at 08:12 AM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Just got back from Aulani today. Will write a blog post about it tomorrow, but it was wonderful!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Just got back from Aulani today. Will write a blog post about it tomorrow, but it was wonderful!!!!
    Awesome!
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Your trip must have been incredible! Can't wait to hear about it. It is on my places to go list. Just have to figure out how to bring the 5th wheel.
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards