Thread: Essential Oils

Default Essential Oils

Do any of you have experience with essential oils? My daughter introduced them to me about a year ago when she started selling them. I went to a couple classes and thought "Wow! Those sound great!...in theory" but am just a little skeptical. Well my daughter is always telling me "you need lavender for this, and peppermint to that, etc" so I finally bought some to try.

My first experience was I was boiling artichokes and grabbed one with tongs to take out of the water...the water was still boiling....I tilted the artichoke up and all the boiling hot water ran down the tongs onto my hand. OUCH!! I immediately remembered my daughter say Lavender oil for burns (to speed healing and kill the pain). I grabbed the Lavender and Frankincense and put two drops on the burn. Within 1 minute the pain was gone...and it didn't come back like burn pain usually does. My hand also didn't leave a read burn mark. I'm going to keep testing it out on different things, because I would rather use natural remedies whenever possible. I feel like we get enough toxicity from our environment.

Just wondering if other had any experience or stories to tell?

Wendy Hale
    Authorized Disney Vacation Planner Ask me about $50 onboard credit on all new Disney Cruise Line bookings and $25 Disney Gift Card for any Disney Resort Vacation bookings!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Affiliated with MouseEarVacations.com | Vacations By Wendy Facebook Page | Disney Travel Newsletter Sign-up
    Email me at WendyH@CrusingCo.com for no obligation quotes on Walt Disney World Vacations, Disney Cruise Line vacation, Adventures by Disney, Disneyland Resort vacations!!!

I have been very curious about them the more that I see people selling them. I remember using peppermint oil when I pregnant and nauseous. I wish I had some lavender oil when I burnt the heck out of myself last week!!!

I liked that when I bought my first "kit" that I also got a book that has a huge list of different ailments that oils can be used for to help! It is very fascinating to me.

I had a TERRIBLE stomach ache...HORRIBLE pain and was contemplating going to the hospital. But I do have IBS so thought maybe I could just ride it out and it wasn't "serious". After an hour of pain (I was just laying in bed...couldn't do anything else), I finally put peppermint on my lower abdomen. Within, 5 minutes, I started hearing really loud gut sounds that lasted for an hour...and the pain drastically subsided!

I have been using lavender on my sons and husbands feet to help them sleep better. Now they are asking for it!

Wendy Hale
    Authorized Disney Vacation Planner Ask me about $50 onboard credit on all new Disney Cruise Line bookings and $25 Disney Gift Card for any Disney Resort Vacation bookings!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Affiliated with MouseEarVacations.com | Vacations By Wendy Facebook Page | Disney Travel Newsletter Sign-up
    Email me at WendyH@CrusingCo.com for no obligation quotes on Walt Disney World Vacations, Disney Cruise Line vacation, Adventures by Disney, Disneyland Resort vacations!!!