Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Sunshine Rewards Site!

Default New Sunshine Rewards Site!

After almost 9 years in business, we are getting a major face lift!! The time really has come, considering our site looks like we are stuck in 1999.

Over the next month we will be switching some of you (Super Members first, then other active members, then everyone). We know that it will be a little bit bumpy at first because we have HUNDREDS of pages on the site and THOUSANDS of links that need to be updated. But we hope that in the end you will really like the new look and that it will help us attract new members.

None of the FUNCTIONS should change at all. You'll still have daily surveys, Sunshine Scratch Off, Offers, Coupons, etc. It's really more the look and the way that we render certain things (like the menus).

We know that it is a big change and no one loves change. But we really think this one will be for the better and will help usher in the next decade of Sunshine Rewards!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    After almost 9 years in business, we are getting a major face lift!! The time really has come, considering our site looks like we are stuck in 1999.

Over the next month we will be switching some of you (Super Members first, then other active members, then everyone). We know that it will be a little bit bumpy at first because we have HUNDREDS of pages on the site and THOUSANDS of links that need to be updated. But we hope that in the end you will really like the new look and that it will help us attract new members.

None of the FUNCTIONS should change at all. You'll still have daily surveys, Sunshine Scratch Off, Offers, Coupons, etc. It's really more the look and the way that we render certain things (like the menus).

We know that it is a big change and no one loves change. But we really think this one will be for the better and will help usher in the next decade of Sunshine Rewards!
    Looking forward to the changes!

One of the things that I like best is that it is going to be MUCH more mobile friendly for both tablets and cell phones. That will be worked on a little later this week but even the initial testing of it is better than what we have now.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Wow! Can't believe it's been 9 years. The changes sound great. Looking forward to seeing the new site.
    LEA ANN

Sunshine Rewardswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    One of the things that I like best is that it is going to be MUCH more mobile friendly for both tablets and cell phones. That will be worked on a little later this week but even the initial testing of it is better than what we have now.

Well, so far it looks like almost every new site out there, including the new WDW site, none of which look complete or correct or right or good on Firefox on my Mac.

I was JUST thinking how awesome it was that your site was still the same, that you hadn't succumbed to the horrid new style of websites, and how I hoped you knew how great your site was....

I should never think thoughts like that. Oh wait, now I will start thinking that thought about all the sites that all look the same and don't look complete on Mac/Firefox.

I hate to be a negative raincloud, but dang. It wasn't even a week ago that I was thinking how awesome it was that you hadn't changed....

Following the email suggestion (I got 3 identical emails by the way) I looked and saw that my request for supermember forum membership seemed to be overlooked.
    Last edited by mollyeilis; 09-02-2014 at 12:03 AM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post

Well, so far it looks like almost every new site out there, including the new WDW site, none of which look complete or correct or right or good on Firefox on my Mac.

I was JUST thinking how awesome it was that your site was still the same, that you hadn't succumbed to the horrid new style of websites, and how I hoped you knew how great your site was....

I should never think thoughts like that. Oh wait, now I will start thinking that thought about all the sites that all look the same and don't look complete on Mac/Firefox.

I hate to be a negative raincloud, but dang. It wasn't even a week ago that I was thinking how awesome it was that you hadn't changed....

Following the email suggestion (I got 3 identical emails by the way) I looked and saw that my request for supermember forum membership seemed to be overlooked.
    I'm now showing you in the 3Q14 Super Member request list.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I agree with mollyeilis it doesn't completely work right with Firefox and I don't have a Mac, I have a desktop PC. I think it's the browser and I will not change browsers. Sorry to say, I loved the old bright and sunshiny look of the original and absolutely HATE this new look...way too confusing to look at with some of the missing symbols or what ever they are called. First thing I always do is the Daily Scratchoff, says Not Found. The Disney site is the same way for me too, have to guess what those missing parts mean before clicking. Guess the future is all about being mobile now?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I posted in the SM Chat area.

Did not have any issues this morning other than the scratch off link not working. I was using IE.

We've actually been testing the whole thing in Firefox, so I am curious as to what is not working. We had a couple of issues last night in trying to get some things to line up right, but they are all showing up right for me.

We're still working on tweaking the color scheme. That will definitely change to be a little bit brighter.

Yes, mobile is really important. Already almost 20% of our visits come from people using cell phones or tablets.

The reality is that SR MUST change in order to survive. New people aren't joining because the site looks too outdated. We can keep the site as it is and not last another 2 years. Or we can get with all of the other sites out there and make the changes that need to be made. Our old site was so old that we couldn't even upgrade the servers to the most recent security protocols because it wouldn't support it.

We've tried to keep almost all of the functionality the exact same, really just changing the template, so that it would not impact current use but would also be better for new people coming in.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

and I also got 3 separate emails telling me to click to get .01 for 3Q14.
    Last edited by PSL1013; 09-02-2014 at 09:42 AM.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES