Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ugh... Need a new Digital Camera any Recs?

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Yeah I think I might suck up the extra cost and get the more expensive one because I could tell a picture quality difference on the camera. I think I'll give them both another look because I want something that I'll be happy with.

If you figure out the ISO thing let me know. If I can get my old camera back on I'll look at its settings too as someone on a photography group told me how to do my settings for the best pictures and they were definitely right.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Yeah I think I might suck up the extra cost and get the more expensive one because I could tell a picture quality difference on the camera. I think I'll give them both another look because I want something that I'll be happy with.

If you figure out the ISO thing let me know. If I can get my old camera back on I'll look at its settings too as someone on a photography group told me how to do my settings for the best pictures and they were definitely right.
    Exactly, you definetly will be able to tell the difference.

I have my camera now, trying to find the settings! lol That's my problem I played with it when I first got it, getting it to the setting I liked/worked the best and left it, I tried others, but whatever I have is working. If I remember correctly and could look it up real quick is higher ISO is for dark lighting and or fast moving pictures. I have a seperate setting on my camera for that and tried to do that during DS's hockey games but it wasn't working as well as I liked, so i went back to my regular manual setting and just keep clicking and usually end up with some good ones depending on the shot.
    Sunshine Rewards

nicholfamily5 is offline I can't tell you how often I wake up in the night and that's the first thing I think of

The one I have now is a powershot A95 and uses 4 AA batteries which I agree is awesome when you forget to charge. I do hate how it is bulky but it does a great job taking pictures so I'd trade the slimness for the bulky any day. I'm just wondering if 4-5 years is the average lifespan on digital cameras or if maybe there is a better lasting brand out there. Nikon's just cost about $100 more for the same exact thing. Not sure if its worth it. I think this one is ~4 years old. I know my brother's first Sony lasted 2-3 years which was disappointing for him as well.
    In my experiance 4-5 years has been the case for digitals. My dh and I purchased a digital camera on our honeymoon, and at the time got the best one we could afford. (Olympus ...sp?) That camera took really great pictures until we hit the 5 year mark, and then got really slow, and then just pretty much died. We bought a Nikon last year and it's okay, I was really wanting the Canon Rebel so I think I set myself up for disappointment. I'd research online, then go to the stores and actually try the cameras out. It is really hard to tell from the web the different features of a camera. If you can find a smaller, single store (not a big box store) you will get much better service and they will know what they are talking about. We bought ours at Best Buy and the kid was pretty much just reading off the info card. Hope this helps!
    Sunshine Rewards
    "A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful. To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini put it on and stay strong." -Jennifer Love Hewitt

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Thanks Kristin. I was actually trying to think if I've ever seen a real camera store over here. I know of some back home but won't be going home for a long time. I'll have to do a web search or something.
    Sunshine Rewards

Another fan of Sony Cybershot here. I've had it for a little over a year and it takes great pics and is very small and easy to carry in my purse. It has a rechargeable battery, and the charge seems to last a long time. The video clips are great too. I have the 7.2 megapixel one.
    Dorothy

Sunshine Rewards

Update!

I am a member of a few canon yahoo groups for when my camera dies on me. Apparently there was an advisory in 2006 about this new issue I have and Canon will take a look at it and fix it for free if this is what is causing my camera to die right now. I think I'm going to give them a call about it after work.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...1&modelid=8776

This one is my backup plan if the above doesn't work. After reading and seeing recs on the groups for this one I think I'll just use my spot bonus I've been holding in my drawer since August for this.
    http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=15658
    Sunshine Rewards

Update!

I am a member of a few canon yahoo groups for when my camera dies on me. Apparently there was an advisory in 2006 about this new issue I have and Canon will take a look at it and fix it for free if this is what is causing my camera to die right now. I think I'm going to give them a call about it after work.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...1&modelid=8776

This one is my backup plan if the above doesn't work. After reading and seeing recs on the groups for this one I think I'll just use my spot bonus I've been holding in my drawer since August for this.
    http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=15658

Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Hello

I just picked up my new Canon last week and am still trying to figure out the settings. My old one was a Canon and like the previous messages I had figured out the best setting (it had an action shot setting)...with 3 kids, including a baby I need the quick shots! Now I have the A590 and it does not have the action shot, it has a kids &pets.. most of my pics so far are blurs! So if anyone can suggest a site that helps with figuring out settings that would be great!!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DisGal71 View Post
    Hello

I just picked up my new Canon last week and am still trying to figure out the settings. My old one was a Canon and like the previous messages I had figured out the best setting (it had an action shot setting)...with 3 kids, including a baby I need the quick shots! Now I have the A590 and it does not have the action shot, it has a kids &pets.. most of my pics so far are blurs! So if anyone can suggest a site that helps with figuring out settings that would be great!!

Thanks!
    Yahoo has a bunch of canon groups. If you search Canon A590 you might find a group just for that camera or the one right below or above it in megapixels. They would be a good resource to tap any time you had questions.

I always used Auto -> Superfine, and Low for my old camera settings and had great results. I never really tried all the special settings so I'm not much help. Maybe April will pop back in and can help.
    Sunshine Rewards