Thread: cardpool??

Default cardpool??

I haven't used this site yet, but it looked interesting, and I noticed it had affiliate possibilities...

https://www.cardpool.com/affiliates/programs

I'd like to know if anyone has used this site. It looks like a good way to get gift cards at a discount.
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

I just applied. Looks like they are only paying 1% right now. Wonder if they are like CardCash? We have been seeing a LOT of sales there.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

disneyforever is offline Ok, I have finally arrived here... now we can start the party!

Looks interesting!

What is Cardcash?
    Elaine

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I just applied. Looks like they are only paying 1% right now. Wonder if they are like CardCash? We have been seeing a LOT of sales there.
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyforever View Post
    Looks interesting!

What is Cardcash?
    I've used both...

The sites are great for Disney travelers. Here is the "process" that is used to save money on Disney gift cards.

To end up with $100 in Disney gift cards, here is the "secret"...

1) Go to one of these sites (let's use CardCash since they are a current SR merchant) and purchase a TARGET gift card with a value of $95. Right now, Target gift cards are selling at a 2% discount through CardCash so that gift card will cost you $93.10.
    1a) Use a credit card that pays, say, 1% in rewards/cash back to earn $0.93 back...
    1b) Going through SR will earn you another 1.5% rebate, so another $1.40

2) Go to Target.com...make sure you have a Target RedCard (either credit OR debit) set as your default payment method. Add $100 of Disney gift cards to your cart. Follow the checkout procedure until you see your total. It should be $95 because you get the 5% RedCard discount on ALL your purchases, including the Disney gift cards. Then, look for the link that says, "Pay with a gift card" (or something like that). Enter in the gift card number that you bought from CardCash and your order will be paid in full.

The net result, after your rebates are earned, is that you will get $100 in Disney money and only spend $90.77 of your own money.

Just a heads up...Tricia, I don't know if you can do anything to match this or not, and I'm not trying to diss Sunshine Rewards since you are AWESOME.. Cardpool IS available at another affiliate site (which I will not mention here) with a 2% rebate. CardPool has Target gift cards at a 4% discount so with those numbers, your net result is $100 in Disney gift cards for $89.09.

When you can purchase Disney gift cards and save 10%, that can amount to a large savings when you are talking about vacations that cost several thousand dollars. I was able to buy the gift cards when they were offered at a bigger discount (6.4%!) and combined it with a now-expired coupon code for further savings. All total, I saved about $150 off of $900 in gift cards. We will be using that for our meals and souvenirs at WDW which adds to any other discounts we already have...DVC, AP and TIW.

I would love to see CardPool, or any other discount gift card site, here on SR. I check Raise and CardCash quite a bit. This is my new addiction and I can't wait to start saving for another Disney trip.

Awesome! Thanks for this!

And I can go ahead and add them at 1% just to have another option. Maybe if I can show them good sales they will give me an increase and I can offer more later.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
    I've used both...

The sites are great for Disney travelers. Here is the "process" that is used to save money on Disney gift cards.

To end up with $100 in Disney gift cards, here is the "secret"...

1) Go to one of these sites (let's use CardCash since they are a current SR merchant) and purchase a TARGET gift card with a value of $95. Right now, Target gift cards are selling at a 2% discount through CardCash so that gift card will cost you $93.10.
    1a) Use a credit card that pays, say, 1% in rewards/cash back to earn $0.93 back...
    1b) Going through SR will earn you another 1.5% rebate, so another $1.40

2) Go to Target.com...make sure you have a Target RedCard (either credit OR debit) set as your default payment method. Add $100 of Disney gift cards to your cart. Follow the checkout procedure until you see your total. It should be $95 because you get the 5% RedCard discount on ALL your purchases, including the Disney gift cards. Then, look for the link that says, "Pay with a gift card" (or something like that). Enter in the gift card number that you bought from CardCash and your order will be paid in full.

The net result, after your rebates are earned, is that you will get $100 in Disney money and only spend $90.77 of your own money.

Just a heads up...Tricia, I don't know if you can do anything to match this or not, and I'm not trying to diss Sunshine Rewards since you are AWESOME.. Cardpool IS available at another affiliate site (which I will not mention here) with a 2% rebate. CardPool has Target gift cards at a 4% discount so with those numbers, your net result is $100 in Disney gift cards for $89.09.

When you can purchase Disney gift cards and save 10%, that can amount to a large savings when you are talking about vacations that cost several thousand dollars. I was able to buy the gift cards when they were offered at a bigger discount (6.4%!) and combined it with a now-expired coupon code for further savings. All total, I saved about $150 off of $900 in gift cards. We will be using that for our meals and souvenirs at WDW which adds to any other discounts we already have...DVC, AP and TIW.

I would love to see CardPool, or any other discount gift card site, here on SR. I check Raise and CardCash quite a bit. This is my new addiction and I can't wait to start saving for another Disney trip.
    I knew this already but forgot to apply this savings trick. We have two trips planned pretty close together. Any savings will be a big help.

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

To add to kristenrice's savings, I also use my Disney credit card to buy everything so that will be a little more savings.

someone want to refer me as a friend and get the $5... Is that ok to ask that here?
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

Quote Originally Posted by faithhope View Post
    someone want to refer me as a friend and get the $5... Is that ok to ask that here?
    I think as long as it doesn't conflict with the cash back,
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs