Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Giant Tomato Tree from Gardeners' Choice

Those plants look great!
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Thanks!!!.. Right now they aren't looking too hot. I should have taken a picture of them down... but this is what they look like now with my steaks in now... I only lost about four branches... and only one had three tomatoes on it. I found more tomatoes than I thought I had... so hopefully they will bounce back!

I haven't a clue if it will keep them up, but at least they have some more support!

If you have one of these tomato plants... Give them more support than the little cages or yours might blow over like mine did.

Hopefully you'll be getting some tomatoes in soon! I was surprised how fast they started coming out when they did!
    Amy

PhotobucketSunshine Rewards

The cage mine is in is about 4 feet tall. And it is way over that now. I went out and gave it a very good looking over and found one tiny tomato, about the size of your pinky finger tip. Maybe it will keep growing.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

A friend of mine who used to be a farmer told me with the tomato plants I Should give them fertilizer... miracle grow would work, but only do it once a week. The other thing you should put down is lime. BUT the only lime I could find was a 40lb bag. I told them I didn't need that much! So I got some specific tomato food.

I ran out of miracle grow about two weeks ago, but they've been doing fine. So maybe giving them a little miracle grow would help. You don't want to do it everyday because it gives it would be too much for the plant. Once a week is good.

Good luck, and I hope you get some more tomatoes on the "tree"!
    Amy

PhotobucketSunshine Rewards

I didn't get these kind of tomato plants, but my tomatoes last year were tall. I got myself a 6ft plastic lattice at Lowe's and used string wrapped around the plants and tied to the lattice. This might be what you all need for your "trees."

Quote Originally Posted by sammielynn View Post
    Mine is 6 foot tall! It has out grown it's cage, has bunches of blooms but not one tomato The blooms are just falling off.
    Check the problems with tomatoes....there is a problem called blossom end rot or something like that...I checked with our local garden center because mine had a fungus I had to take care of on our plants where the lower leaves got yellow spots on them.
    Last edited by Anna; 07-25-2008 at 10:42 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by amarazas View Post
    My strawberry hanging basket has been doing good. We've had about three strawberries... hopefully more will be coming in.

wow...yours looks great...mine has grown very little even with miracle grow potting soil!
    Sunshine Rewards