Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giant Tomato Tree from Gardeners' Choice

Received mine today, but not impressed at all. I think they need a better shipping method. Half of my leaves had fallen off and those remaining are brownish and wilted. For some reason, I expected them to look how they were pictured. I'm gonna have to hurry and stick them into pots.

Hoping they grow!
    Sunshine Rewards

Give the poor things a drink and they will look better in the morning. It isamazing how much better they will look in 24 hours. My bioys always laugh when I plant something because they know it doesn't have much of a chance. But they do look better today.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by sammielynn View Post
    Give the poor things a drink and they will look better in the morning. It isamazing how much better they will look in 24 hours. My bioys always laugh when I plant something because they know it doesn't have much of a chance. But they do look better today.
    Good! I'm going to try to plant them by tomorrow.
    Sunshine Rewards

Default Received Tomato and Strawberry plants Today!!

I just received my Tomato & Strawberry hanging basket.. The tomato plants do not look bad, I just wasn't ready to plant today. I'm going to put them into pots until they get a little stronger.

As for the strawberry plant, there isn't any directions with it, so I'm not sure what I should do with them. They are in a plastic bag, with a couple of leaves, but they are tangled.... Does anyone how I should plant them?
    Amy

PhotobucketSunshine Rewards

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I just placed a test order of the tomatoes and strawberries and will report back.
    I placed a rather large order earlier this month for several different plants...tomatoes, the tomato-potato graft, zuchinni, onions and the hanging strawberry baskets....I received my order yesterday and was very disappointed in my items. All of the plants were wrapped in plastic to where they could not even get air. They were limp, yellowed, and nearly dead. This is the worst shape I have ever had plants come in.

I had spent about $100 and do not even know if these will survive. The "hanging strawberry baskets" were just dried roots to be planted. It will be years before they bear fruit if they even live. I was trying to get a jump start on my gardening. So much for that idea.

Anyone else have issues with this company and their plants? I sent them an email about the shape of my plants. Guess I will see if they plan to make good on their products.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    Received mine today, but not impressed at all. I think they need a better shipping method. Half of my leaves had fallen off and those remaining are brownish and wilted. For some reason, I expected them to look how they were pictured. I'm gonna have to hurry and stick them into pots.

Hoping they grow!

I totally agree with you. I will definitely not be ordering from this company again.
    Sunshine Rewards

The tomato plants are getting stronger, I didn't plant them outside at first because they were not strong enough to make, plus it was a very cool May, I don't think they would have survived. My plan is to plant them outside this weekend. I am weathering them this week. My Strawberry plants took about 2 days and then they started growing and getting bigger. I have a couple of flowers on the plants. I'll take pictures and upload them later today.

Anna ~ Sorry to hear about your plants, I hope they rebound... I remember reading they have a guarantee on the plants if they do not survive. I'd look into it if you don't think they will survive.

Good Luck!
    Amy

PhotobucketSunshine Rewards

i sent the tomato plant and strawberry plant to my mother in law and she said she got confussed on the strawberry plant also

Mine started off really small but about what I expected for the price. I planted them outside about 10 days ago and have been watching them. So far, so good. I don't think that DD planted all of the strawberries deep enough in the pots, so I am crossing my fingers on those. But the ones I planted in the ground actually seem to be doing okay.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I planted my trees about 3 weeks ago, maybe a bit longer. I put them in BIG pots outside and they have grown quite a bit. They are definitely stronger and have a few more leaves. They're doing much better than my basil! I already killed one of those plants