Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giant Tomato Tree from Gardeners' Choice

Quote Originally Posted by sammielynn View Post
    I ordered the tomato trees and they got here today, but they sort of look dead. Do you think that is normal?
    Did they survive? My order didn't survive the shipment...fortunately, they credited my cc for the damaged plants though.

The tomato plants are getting stronger, I didn't plant them outside at first because they were not strong enough to make, plus it was a very cool May, I don't think they would have survived. My plan is to plant them outside this weekend. I am weathering them this week. My Strawberry plants took about 2 days and then they started growing and getting bigger. I have a couple of flowers on the plants. I'll take pictures and upload them later today.

Anna ~ Sorry to hear about your plants, I hope they rebound... I remember reading they have a guarantee on the plants if they do not survive. I'd look into it if you don't think they will survive.

Good Luck!

My strawberry plants have sprouted with a couple of leaves, but nothing since then. I even used the Miracle Grow Potting Soil. At least they made good on my other plants that didn't survive.
    Last edited by Anna; 06-20-2008 at 08:20 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

One of mine is doing great. It is over 3 feet tall! I may have tomatoes after all. The other one did not make it.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I have leaves on my tomato, green and red bell peppers, but that's it. I planted mine back in April (?). I'm hoping that one day they will produce something. I didn't even bother with the strawberry plant.
    Sunshine Rewards

Sorry to hear your luck was nearly as bad as mine...call them because they will give you credit for what did not make it thankfully!
    Sunshine Rewards

Unhappy My poor tomatoes!!

My tomato plants were getting really big! We took a picture two nights ago to post up here. (I'll get them up when photobucket is back up they are down for maintence)
    They are huge... but now they are down on the ground We had strong storms last night, and when I got home DH told me that I'll need to stand the tomatoes back up in the morning

This morning I went out to check on them, and I can't stand them up until I get something else to hold them up. The little tomato cages aren't going to work. So this morning I'm heading out to get some more supports. There are some branches that broke, but hopefully not too many more.

How is everyone else's tomatoes doing?
    Amy

PhotobucketSunshine Rewards

My tomatoes are doing fabulous!! They are growing tall and have little blooms on them. But I definitely need to stake them ASAP.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Mine is 6 foot tall! It has out grown it's cage, has bunches of blooms but not one tomato The blooms are just falling off.
    Sammielynn

Here the picture of the tomatoes when they were up ...

This is how tall they are in comparison to the kids

Amy

My strawberry hanging basket has been doing good. We've had about three strawberries... hopefully more will be coming in.

Amy

Your tomatoes look good. Whis I had some tomatoes on my
    Sammielynn