Thread: Q Regarding Shopping and Cookies

Default Q Regarding Shopping and Cookies

if i cleared cookies this morning (CCleaner and Adaware), did 2 offers after that and just placed a shopping order (my first through SR!), is my personal information in any danger? i have internet security, but i was just wondering. TIA!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

No you should be ok. I've never had an issue with my personal data as a result of giving it out either in offers or in my online shopping (whether on SR or just on the internet in general). I don't see what clearing cookies or having cookies would really do with it. Make sure you don't clear your cookies too fast after completing shopping or offers though.
    Sunshine Rewards

thank you! i've been trying to follow the faq's, so when i re-read it after placing my order and realized i'd forgotten to clear my cookies before shopping, i was a little spooked! how long should i wait after shopping to clear cookies? if i clear cookies in the morning to do offers, will that mess up my shopping credit?

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I tend to wait 4ish hours after shopping before clearing again but I am anal about things like that. I think some people do it quicker than that without problems. Normally I shop late at night, go to bed, and clear when I get up just to be safe.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I tend to wait 4ish hours after shopping before clearing again but I am anal about things like that. I think some people do it quicker than that without problems. Normally I shop late at night, go to bed, and clear when I get up just to be safe.
    thank you so much! i don't know what i'd do without this forum and the kind ppl like you who answer my silly, newbie questions! i've learned SO much!

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by iluvamystery89 View Post
    thank you so much! i don't know what i'd do without this forum and the kind ppl like you who answer my silly, newbie questions! i've learned SO much!
    Just to add I do quite a few offers and shopping. What I do is clear cookies first thing every morning right after I boot up the computer. The only other time I'll clear cookies more then once in a day is during crazy credits.
    I've been doing this since August, and have checked my personal info including credit report (twice) and haven't had any issues. (Knock on wood!)
    Sunshine Rewards

thank you! it's soooo helpful to get others' experiences and tips!

Does anyone know how often Shoebuy restocks? I have been trying to order a pair of Croc cleo sandals in black for about 2 months and they haven't had my size. They have them in stock at Shoemall and I would get them there if SR could get the 15% off coupon, otherwise shoebuy is a much better deal. Thanks!