I just saw on facebook that longtime member MamaO (Jeanne) passed away today. I know that she had been battling cancer for a few years but was doing all that she could to live life to the fullest, including spending time with her grandkids and going to Disney. She became a member of SR the very first month that we were in business and had been active almost 10 years. She's one of those people I got to know only because of the site, and I will forever be grateful for that. Some of you may remember her donations of American Girl dolls many years ago that we used to raise money for various charities. Her sister, Mary Lynn, was also an active member from the beginning and passed away very quickly and unexpectedly from cancer 2 years ago.

I just pulled my email from Jeanne from 2 years ago when she told me about her own cancer and about Mary Lynn passing away. She had such grace for everything she was going through and didn't want to post here in the forum about it because she knew that her prognosis wasn't good and she didn't want people to dwell on it. But she said she was thankful for the "friends" she had made here and wanted to continue to be active as long as she could.

I have such a heavy heart tonight. While it is wonderful to make so many friends across the country through SR, it is also difficult to know that someone has gone and there was never a proper good-bye. Know that I consider ALL of you my friends and that the relationships made here are MUCH more than business to me.