Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long-Time Member Passed Away

Default Long-Time Member Passed Away

I just saw on facebook that longtime member MamaO (Jeanne) passed away today. I know that she had been battling cancer for a few years but was doing all that she could to live life to the fullest, including spending time with her grandkids and going to Disney. She became a member of SR the very first month that we were in business and had been active almost 10 years. She's one of those people I got to know only because of the site, and I will forever be grateful for that. Some of you may remember her donations of American Girl dolls many years ago that we used to raise money for various charities. Her sister, Mary Lynn, was also an active member from the beginning and passed away very quickly and unexpectedly from cancer 2 years ago.

I just pulled my email from Jeanne from 2 years ago when she told me about her own cancer and about Mary Lynn passing away. She had such grace for everything she was going through and didn't want to post here in the forum about it because she knew that her prognosis wasn't good and she didn't want people to dwell on it. But she said she was thankful for the "friends" she had made here and wanted to continue to be active as long as she could.

I have such a heavy heart tonight. While it is wonderful to make so many friends across the country through SR, it is also difficult to know that someone has gone and there was never a proper good-bye. Know that I consider ALL of you my friends and that the relationships made here are MUCH more than business to me.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

very sad news. I am pretty sure that I have seen posts over the years from Jeanne. thoughts and prayers for her family.

" Know that I consider ALL of you my friends and that the relationships made here are MUCH more than business to me", thanks Tricia, SR is way more than just a site to do surveys.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Very sad news, I remember her well and I remember when she donated the dolls. It's terrible that people have to battle this horrible disease, she and her family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

So sad to hear. I also remember MamaO very well. She was a very sweet lady. Jeanne was one of my secret Sunshine Rewards buddies way back. I was very sad this morning when I read about her passing. I will keep Jeanne and her family in my thoughts and prayers.
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Cancer is such a horrible illness. I hope she was able to enjoy most of her final couple of years. She will be missed.
    Sunshine Rewards

it saddens your heart. I am pretty sure she was from Wisconsin.. I talked with her a few times.

Prayers today.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Prayers for her family

Tricia, if you see an obituary can you please share it? (ETA found it over the weekend) I would like to make a donation or send flowers if it's not too late. Jeanne and Mary Lynn were both
    wonderful women to know. They both leave behind legacies with their beautiful families.
    Last edited by dwkay8; 09-14-2015 at 03:21 PM.
    Kayla

Just seeing this. It really saddens me. She was always so thoughtful to everyone in the forum. I remember her kind words when I, too, shared my news about being a cancer patient. Both she and her sister always offered me words of comfort. They both were always thoughtful. Yep, this disease is horrible and one day I pray that it is eradicated. It's horrible. However, I am truly blessed. I've been fighting Leukemia for almost 16 years now and God is still keeping me going! It's a daily struggle, but one worth enduring! Never stop fighting! Never give up! No matter what the situation, problem or illness. Keep fighting. That's my motto! Thinking of her family and each of you!
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm so sorry to hear this!
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.