Thread: Does a Shopping Return Affect Current Earnings?

Default Does a Shopping Return Affect Current Earnings?

I returned part of a Land's End order that I ordered and received credit for last quarter. When the return is processed, I expect Land's End will pull back part of the credits. Does that put come off this quarter's current earnings, or last quarter's? Just curious how that works and if I need to earn over $100 this quarter to make up for the return. I imagine I'll find out the answer when the return is processed, but I'm impatient! Thanks!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

It'll be taken off this quarter's earnings not last quarter so you will still be a SM if you were slightly over in making it. Not sure how it will affect current earnings. Maybe decrease it some??
    Sunshine Rewards

I have enough cushion that I would be OK last quarter anyway, but I wondered if it would be a negative for this quarter. I just need to get busy - I will be away for ten days for Disney, so I will be down some for this month and need to work hard to keep SM this quarter!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Yeah I never paid attention when I had a return with what happened to my current earnings. I know my account balance went down but that's about it. haha
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Yeah I never paid attention when I had a return with what happened to my current earnings. I know my account balance went down but that's about it. haha
    Thanks! I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. I'll just have to work hard this quarter!

Just do some more shopping
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Just do some more shopping
    What an excellent idea! After all, I did return some things!

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Something in me says that this will happen on this quarters earnings. The reason I think this is that the return won't be backdated to the date of the purchase. I don't know for sure because I have never done a return but I think that the return credit will have it's own date which I imagine will be the date that Tricia recieves the request to withdraw the funds. i could be totally off though so I would make sure you have the cushion just in case.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    Something in me says that this will happen on this quarters earnings. The reason I think this is that the return won't be backdated to the date of the purchase. I don't know for sure because I have never done a return but I think that the return credit will have it's own date which I imagine will be the date that Tricia recieves the request to withdraw the funds. i could be totally off though so I would make sure you have the cushion just in case.
    Thanks! Fortunately I returned something early in the quarter so I can adjust. It probably won't matter in the end as I usually make SM with at least a little cushion, but since we have vacation this month and summer is coming, I think my earnings will be down some. Just more incentive to get those surveys!