Thread: Surveys asking for social security # and previous address? Is this safe and secure??

Default Surveys asking for social security # and previous address? Is this safe and secure??

Two surveys today asked me to validate a portion of my social security # and previous address?? Why would they ask for this and is this safe and secure? I am being cautious of identify theft and just was not comfortable with this!! Please advise

yes same thing I was freaked out about it not sure how it knew those things about me
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by carriecostello@yahoo.com View Post
    Two surveys today asked me to validate a portion of my social security # and previous address?? Why would they ask for this and is this safe and secure? I am being cautious of identify theft and just was not comfortable with this!! Please advise
    Opinion Network? got those and got out FAST. no thank you.

Just wanted to add because I see that the initial poster is new-over the years, I've been asked many things by survey companys': social security number, credit card number, bank account information, and more. I can't imagine that people give out this sensitive information just for a survey, but maybe I'm being naive. My $.02-don't give anything that makes you uncomfortable-it's just not worth it.
    Jan
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

If you get any of these, please send them to me. I want to check with the survey company about how they are getting that information. It's nothing that we have at SR.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs