Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shoebuy/nike

Default shoebuy/nike

Rats! I see the nice percentage back on Shoebuy, and figure since I need new atletic shoes, I'll go look for some there. But much to my disappointment they don't have Nike - and I've been wearing only NIkes for several years, so don't know much about the other brands. Can someone tell me how say, Adidas or Avia compare to Nike; or just make a recommendation? I've got small feet, but need a wide size, and want an all-purpose sort of fitness shoe. Thanks!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I purchased the Addidas that were recommended by Catherine from Shoebuy for my last Disney trip and they worked very well for me. I love love love Shoebuy. However, Brandon won't wear anything but Nike either so I buy his through Eastbay on here. They have a decent % back (nothing like shoebuy) and they have very good customer service and speedy delivery.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Adidas are much wider than Nikes. I can't wear Nikes at all because they are very narrow in the toebox (or at least on my feet) but Adidas are perfect. I don't wear anything else unless I can't find any colors I like then I get Asics (2nd) or Avias (3rd).
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Adidas are much wider than Nikes. I can't wear Nikes at all because they are very narrow in the toebox (or at least on my feet) but Adidas are perfect. I don't wear anything else unless I can't find any colors I like then I get Asics (2nd) or Avias (3rd).
    Well, maybe Adidas would work better for me. I like the Nikes I have now, but they are just a bit narrow - tho I stretched them out by now! I've seen some Nikes advertised as wide width - do you mean Adidas are just wider in general, in both the regular and the wide widths, too?

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Yeah basically regular adidas are wider in general than nike or maybe I should say more roomie? I couldn't imagine getting wide sized adidas!

Its free shipping both ways so give them a try unless you are sold on Nike.
    Sunshine Rewards

Yeah, I think I will give the Adidas a try - I liked the looks of a couple pairs I saw, and some on sale, too. The free shipping is great too!
    I do really like Nikes, but I'm not so dead-set on them that I wouldn't try anything else!

My fav style is the Ozweego but they are so hard to find. I got the viper cushions last time. The heel is a little higher because they are running shoes so I had to get some taller/thicker socks. There is a pair I'm eying now - gray and blue - some type of trail ones that look similar to my Ozweegos from a few years back. Of course they are the most expensive ones on the site and not on sale!
    Sunshine Rewards

You have wide feet and you've gotten away with wearing Nikes? Wow. They are known for being narrow, even in the styles that "run wide".

I, personally, highly recommend New Balance for wider feet. Right now I have a pair of Saucony, and they are good. Can't recommend Asics, though...they didn't work for me.

When switching brands, however, I will always go to a store and try some on. Since each brand has their own version of size and width, I think it's best to do that. Of course, I did that when I went to Asics, and the guy put my feet into HUGE shoes for some reason, and for the year I wore them I slid around in them and I hurt. Not as much as I did before I recognized that I have wide feet and was cramming my tootsies into Nikes, but more than they had from when I found New Balance.

I think you're going to be so pleased to get into a proper wide size.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    You have wide feet and you've gotten away with wearing Nikes? Wow. They are known for being narrow, even in the styles that "run wide".

I, personally, highly recommend New Balance for wider feet. Right now I have a pair of Saucony, and they are good. Can't recommend Asics, though...they didn't work for me.

When switching brands, however, I will always go to a store and try some on. Since each brand has their own version of size and width, I think it's best to do that. Of course, I did that when I went to Asics, and the guy put my feet into HUGE shoes for some reason, and for the year I wore them I slid around in them and I hurt. Not as much as I did before I recognized that I have wide feet and was cramming my tootsies into Nikes, but more than they had from when I found New Balance.

I think you're going to be so pleased to get into a proper wide size.
    My DH suggested, too, going to a store and just making sure about the fit before I bought some online. I looked at some Saucony, and they look good, but I think they said something about running a little small, so I thought I'd better stick to something where I was more sure of the sizing.
    Actually, my feet aren't terribly wide, but for as small of feet as I have, my arch is a little wider than usual. That's where I have noticed the issue with my Nikes - I wish the arch area were a little wider. I had a New Balance pair a few years that was good, too. But I think it will be fun to try some Adidas for the 1st time- maybe my feet will be really happy with that, too!

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    My fav style is the Ozweego but they are so hard to find. I got the viper cushions last time. The heel is a little higher because they are running shoes so I had to get some taller/thicker socks. There is a pair I'm eying now - gray and blue - some type of trail ones that look similar to my Ozweegos from a few years back. Of course they are the most expensive ones on the site and not on sale!
    Viper cushions?! What's that?
    I saw some gray/blue pairs today when I looked, but don't remember the particular style name. I think one was on sale. I'll have to look again! I like the silver/light blue combos with shoes; not white, not black, uggh.
    I really really want to get some shoes from Shoebuy, tho; can't resist the percentage back or the free shipping! LOL