Thread: Planning questions

Default Planning questions

My family is planning on going back to Disney in Sept. 2017. Those going include me, my brother and his wife and son, my parents and youngest brother, and aunt and uncle. Third brother and girlfriend are possibly coming, but undecided. So far, the first 3 parties seem to all want different hotels. My brother wants the Poly with his family and he has my dad looking at renting DVC points for Bay Lake Tower. I want free dining and I can't justify spending extra for the nicer hotel, so I want to go with Pop. I'm fine with staying at a different hotel from everyone else.

When should I plan to book this trip for me? I went thru last night and created an account, but did not submit the reservation. I read I might be able to get a pin code that way. How frequently do you need to make payments when you book thru Disney?

Since I am hoping to get free dining, how much of a pain will it be to get restaurant reservations for the group and still allow myself to use the dining plan?

Thanks!
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    My family is planning on going back to Disney in Sept. 2017. Those going include me, my brother and his wife and son, my parents and youngest brother, and aunt and uncle. Third brother and girlfriend are possibly coming, but undecided. So far, the first 3 parties seem to all want different hotels. My brother wants the Poly with his family and he has my dad looking at renting DVC points for Bay Lake Tower. I want free dining and I can't justify spending extra for the nicer hotel, so I want to go with Pop. I'm fine with staying at a different hotel from everyone else.

When should I plan to book this trip for me? I went thru last night and created an account, but did not submit the reservation. I read I might be able to get a pin code that way. How frequently do you need to make payments when you book thru Disney?

Since I am hoping to get free dining, how much of a pain will it be to get restaurant reservations for the group and still allow myself to use the dining plan?

Thanks!
    we had hoped for Free Dining this year, but Disney has cut way back on the dates this year. We ended up getting a great deal with a travel agent and booked with them.

The last few years the Free Fall Dining promotion has come out around the end of April

if you book a package you have to put down $200/room and the balance is due 45 (maybe 30 now) day before check in.

for what it's worth and it may mean nothing, these are the FD Bounceback Dates for next year:
    5/30-6/6/17
    6/30-7/5/17
    8/11-9/9/17
    12/8-12/20/17
    Last edited by SCard; 08-26-2016 at 07:19 PM.