Thread: Deleted Threads

Default Deleted Threads

There seems to be some confusion with some of the members about deleted threads. If a Mod or SR employee feels the need to delete the thread, please do not start another one admonishing them for doing so because you don't quite understand. You can ALWAYS PM the mods. Most of the time there is a reason stated right where the thread was as to why it was deleted. Other times, we don't feel we have to keep explaining as its outlined in the stickies. You know, the mods are nice enough to keep things clean around here and answer everyones questions as quick as possible, and really help you guys out, so please, don't give them a hard time. Remember, SR is a business, we have rules, and our advertisersmerchants believe it or not read these boards very closely, so in order to get the best quality of offers and deals for you guys, we need to make sure that we talk ONLY about our advertisers/merchants.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

To add to this:

I also run a message board and routinely delete threads just for the sole purpose of it clean and easily navigated/searched.

There are a lot of redundant questions and threads on this board which IMO makes it harder to find the information your looking for.

I think it is great the mods delete unnecessary threads. It helps keep the boards clean, easily navigated and positive! You guys do a great job keeping up with the boards!
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

So sorry. I have been guilty at least once of asking why a thread was deleted - but this is because I honestly didn't understand why, as I had seen other threads dealing with the same question before not be deleted. So while I understand Cindy's post and think it is quite reasonable, I feel that I was justified in asking in one occasion that I did, not knowing who deleted the thread or why. And further questions I have directed to mods. In the future, I will both be more careful in my posts, and direct questions to mods if there's any sensitive question that comes up.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Quote Originally Posted by lanny76 View Post
    So sorry. I have been guilty at least once of asking why a thread was deleted - but this is because I honestly didn't understand why, as I had seen other threads dealing with the same question before not be deleted. So while I understand Cindy's post and think it is quite reasonable, I feel that I was justified in asking in one occasion that I did, not knowing who deleted the thread or why. And further questions I have directed to mods. In the future, I will both be more careful in my posts, and direct questions to mods if there's any sensitive question that comes up.
    Unfortunately sometimes an old post gets dug up that we didn't catch to delete and then members think its an ok subject, when really, we've had to change some rules as we grew larger, so thats probably what happened with posts that you have found. You can always bring those to the mods attention, in fact we welcome it, if you think that the subject is questionable.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Unfortunately sometimes an old post gets dug up that we didn't catch to delete and then members think its an ok subject, when really, we've had to change some rules as we grew larger, so thats probably what happened with posts that you have found. You can always bring those to the mods attention, in fact we welcome it, if you think that the subject is questionable.
    Actually, I didn't dig up the old post any time recently; I just remembered it from maybe 2 months ago, so I didn't know that the subject had become taboo in between then and now. So I can't tell you where that thread is - maybe it's been found and deleted anyway now. -- I'm learning better now what is preferably not mentioned publicly in the forums!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Quote Originally Posted by lanny76 View Post
    Actually, I didn't dig up the old post any time recently; I just remembered it from maybe 2 months ago, so I didn't know that the subject had become taboo in between then and now. So I can't tell you where that thread is - maybe it's been found and deleted anyway now. -- I'm learning better now what is preferably not mentioned publicly in the forums!
    I wasn't accusing you of digging up any old threads, my comment was a generic comment on how sometimes a thread which should have been deleted had not been. However, my point to this thread is that I don't appreciate the arguing with the mods or SR employees when we delete something. These girls really work hard trying to keep the forum a fun, happy, informative place for everyone and don't deserve any smack from anyone, nor will it be tolerated. We've seemed to have had a recent rash of this and I'm wanting to nip it before it gets out of hand.