Thread: Survey Fraud

Default Survey Fraud

The survey companies are once again cracking down on anything they perceive as fraudulent. Now, what they call "fraud" isn't always what we think of. For example, you may be taking surveys through multiple rewards sites just to try to earn more money. But they may see that as you trying to cheat the system. You may use a browser at work and a different one at home, and they think you are using multiple IP addresses to cheat.

Soooo.....with that said....

Some of you are finding yourself locked out of certain survey companies or not getting credits. Some of you will be getting some emails from us that we have been notified that you are "cheating" and they want us to block you. Know that we look at every one of these instances completely on our end and do not ban members just because one survey company tells us to. However, if they block you on your end, there is nothing we can do to get you into those surveys.

If you have NOT been blocked from anything....awesome! But also keep in mind just to be careful about some of the things that I mentioned above so that you don't get blocked on the next round.

There's soooooooooo much fraud and cheating with rewards sites that we are all constantly having to crack down on big purchases, fake video watching, fake survey results, etc. It's never ending. But after almost 12 years we know enough to know that cheaters are the exception, not the rule--and we won't let it spoil what we do at SR!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I have been seeing and taking quite a few Toluna through the other SR surveys (YS,Global,Survey Cube, ON). Should I not be completing those? I assumed because it was another SR company it was OK.

Global shows up a lot through other SR survey companies.. DS/SM/YS and others. IPSOS a lot from Survey Cube. YS has Survey Cube a lot.

some guidance on this would be appreciated.

I do take part in several different survey companies, all of which I learned about and signed up with because of Sunshine. We were even given money to do so. I am confused as to this being fraud or not. I think lots of people must do this. I don't intentionally try to cheat the system, don't have the brain power to figure out how to do it really.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by luv2go2diz View Post
    I do take part in several different survey companies, all of which I learned about and signed up with because of Sunshine. We were even given money to do so. I am confused as to this being fraud or not. I think lots of people must do this. I don't intentionally try to cheat the system, don't have the brain power to figure out how to do it really.
    I forgot about that, I signed up for several panels because they were offers here on Sunshine.

Do these companies even want their survey's completed? After doing 3-4 rounds of qualification questions and thinking you finally got entered into a survey and then being asked again qualification questions, I just wasted 15 minutes of my time, trying to get a survey, and then getting thrown out, because the survey people only want to talk about eating a fresh product, not something that is frozen. The companies are being dishonest, eliminating survey answers that they do not want to hear. I know the rules about having one IP address, but should it really matter the location of where I am taking a survey? As long as I am logged into SunshineRewards, I am the same person. The survey people track my log in ID to SunshineRewards with my Log in ID.

I cannot believe how difficult the Survey people are making it-I will admit-when I get a phone call asking me to do a survey-I always refuse-why can the same companies bother me with a phone survey, yet they making it so hard to qualify for survey's on Sunshine Rewards.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I really think it is just because there are such high levels of fraud. So they end up cutting out a lot of good survey takers in order to make sure that they are not letting in the bad ones.

As for the multiple site thing...the problem is mainly if you are a member of SR where we tell you that you can take X number a day. Then you go join another site so that you can take X number a day over there as well but with a different email address. That's different than if you are taking Toluna surveys directly through us but then also go into Opinion Surveys and get routed to a Toluna survey.

I've been asking all of the companies that try to partner with us whether their surveys are their OWN or they are just using routers like we are. If they say that they are using routers, I don't even add them anymore. I've been trying to find more that are totally unique so we don't keep running into these issues.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    That's different than if you are taking Toluna surveys directly through us but then also go into Opinion Surveys and get routed to a Toluna survey.
    thanks for clarifying that.

I haven't gotten any from opinion network in months and have emailed them to see if I am blocked and no replies ever? Any suggestions on what to do? Also has anyone else been having any issue with radio royalty? I had a virus pop up from that that I was thankfully able to delete from my laptop. And watch videos I keep getting block plugins? Anyone else having these issues and have any suggestions?? Thank you in advance !!