Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could I / Should I pull this off?

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    That was wonderful! I use to give each of my children a "this is your day" day that included just the two of us. Now it's kinda hard to do because of my health, but I'm definitely gonna plan a triip for me and DD19, hopefully for her next birthday! When Blessing and Miracle gets a little older, I'll do one with them. But for now, I do plan on the four of us having a spa day really soon!

You Houstonians recommend any place special?

Again, I love the idea!
    OMG you have to go to Isle Pedi Spa. Its off of Kirby in Rice Village. They do the most fabulous pedicures. They have a website that has the "menu" so you can see the prices ($45-60) and the types they do. I took my mom last year for mother's day. She loved it. I would take DD19 there in a heartbeat for a mom and me thing (probably do the two little ones something else and cheaper).
    Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Back to OP...GO TO DISNEY!! I did it with my DD6 last summer and it was the best time we have ever had! The alone time was priceless!!!!!

If you have any questions...please ask!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by ligrumpygirl View Post
    Back to OP...GO TO DISNEY!! I did it with my DD6 last summer and it was the best time we have ever had! The alone time was priceless!!!!!

If you have any questions...please ask!
    How long did you get to go? What did you do (which parks)? Would you splurge on a day in a park, or split and go to a waterpark and do other disney-ish things?

I'm still very undecided, and appreciate any advice!

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

We went for 3 days I believe. We have APs but only did MGM for a few hours to see HSM. We really went to see the Pirate Princess Party. We also had some nice relaxing pool time.

If you want to go to a water park and have never been, then I would do that. Then you can walk around DTD at night or maybe the Boardwalk. It's all free and FUN!
    Sunshine Rewards

Have you considered the Free Dining at Disney coming up....you have to book by the 22nd of June...and the dates are 24th of August through September.

Played with the Disney site tonight myself....here's what I got.
    POP 8/29 and 8/30 No tickets, No dining-$212.oo plus tax

POP same nites with a ONE day base ticket for both of you...$338.86 plus tax, still not bad with a ticket to A park.

But if you could you get away for one more night & make it a Disney package?
    POP 3 nites..8/29, 8/30 and 8/31 with a ONE day base ticket is $431.52 plus tax which comes to $498.47

Now, with the Dining added to this package 3 nts/4days comes to 804.30 with a ONE day base ticket, no hopping is $659.46 plus tax which comes to $726.41
    with the free dining I think it would be back to the 3night stay with a one day park ticket...a 294.00 savings....FREE FOOD!
    and of course staying at any Disney resort you would get to take the Magical Express..free too!
    I know you mentioned Expedia....wonder if you'll be able to book a package through them...or maybe you could use your coupon you have to book your flights from them.

Where are you flying from?

just a thought.
    Last edited by Pooh's Pal; 04-08-2008 at 11:02 PM.
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Good points! I'd definitely consider the free dining idea.
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm sooooooo excited

I decided to wait til Labor Day Weekend to do the mom and me trip, even though her birthday is Aug. 18 so that we could have the three day weekend and FREE DINING at Disney!

I am pumped! I hadn't even considered the free dining due to school, but I was able to get us a room at the POP, 1 day park ticket (I'm still going to do a water park the other day) and of course free dining.

My WDW package was $431.52. I paid $200 today, to book, so only owe $231.52. So, I just need airfare and the waterpark tics and I'm all set!

Thanks to everyone who offered ideas and suggestions. She will be so excited when I spring this on her!

Now I have to figure out how to deal with my son, who will no doubt be jealous even though I'll assure him his time is coming...

Oooh you better get your ADRs in. Some restaurants are already booking up.
    Sunshine Rewards

Yes, I need to work on that today!

Congrats by the way! Yall are going to have a blast and POP is awesome!
    Sunshine Rewards