Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney Photopass Sessions

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default Disney Photopass Sessions

Has anyone booked one of the Disney Photopass sessions at the Grand Floridian? I'm wondering what your experiences were like and picture quality. I read about it on the DIS and it seems like its expanding this month to the Poly and SSR as well. Supposively, it's a $25 sitting fee if you pre-purchase the Photopass before you go and includes about 30-40 minutes with a photographer who takes your pics. From what I hear it could be around 40 pictures in that time period and you get the rights to those pictures.

I thought it might be fun for Mike and I since we don't have any professional pictures of the 2 of us.
    Sunshine Rewards

Ooohhh.. I am very interested in learning more about this!! We haven't done any professional type pics family pics and what better place to do it!! Especially since we'll definitely purchase the photopass! Hope someone has more info!
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I have to run to a meeting but I have a sticky note with a summary of points. I'll post them when I get back.
    Sunshine Rewards

Ok here is what I found out.

You can arrange for a private photo session with a Disney PhotoPass photographer at the Grand Floridian Resort. The session includes around 40 photos taken around the picturesque resort and its beach. Pricing is as follows: $49.95 for a Disney's PhotoPass card containing your photos which can then be added to your disneyphotopass.com account; $124.95 (or save 20% by pre-ordering - see details below) which will get you a PhotoCD with your images. If you choose to get the PhotoCD, you can save your receipt and CD and exchange it later on during your vacation for a new PhotoCD containing all of your Disney's PhotoPass images. The only catch is you won't be able to make enhancements to any of the photos; or bring the required proof that you pre-ordered the PhotoCD and the cost is only $25. Reports from guests who have participated in the photo sessions are overwhelmingly positive. Call 407-824-1700 to make reservations up to 30 days in advance or for additional information. These sessions may be extended to other deluxe level resorts in the future.
    Supposively in April they are adding on the Poly and SSR for picture destinations. So far I have only seen pics at the GF and they seem nice enough for $25 since we'll be buying the photopass this time anyway.
    Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

A friend of mine did it in July. The pictures came out really nice. The photographer works quick so with 2 adults it should be nice and easy. With two kids, it was a bit rushed I understand. I would definitely do it...especially if they go to SSR. I paid for a local photographer to take family photos during the same July trip. I LOVED him and the pictures but too pricey to do every year. I would definitely do this every year.

I will see if I can find out any more from my friend.
    Sunshine Rewards

Janet - the DIS was saying SSR is going to start being offered this month so maybe by the time you go again it will be in full swing.
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm definitely interested in this if/ when they are at SSR! I have to decide if I want to do it in May or October. I'm leaning towards October right now. My kids are already so used to posing for pictures- maybe that will be an advantage! lol

Would love to hear from anyone else that has done this!

oh heck...I want to do this in May too ROFL
    Last edited by disney_girl; 04-08-2008 at 10:27 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Ok.... I've been sitting here reading on the DIS about this and saw that it is supposed to start at SSR on April 15th (and April 27th at Poly). You can make your appt 30 days out. So, I'm going to call tomorrow and see what kind of appt I can get that would work for us. Then to figure out what we'll wear! I'm sure I'll want to do it again in October too lol!
    Sunshine Rewards

Awesome! I want to see your pictures after you get them back. Mike agreed to doing this so now I just have to pick a resort to have our pictures taken at.

I read that late afternoon is the time to do it at. When you call can you let me know what the people there actually recommend. If the best time really is 6ish I need to push back a dinner ressie.
    Sunshine Rewards

Sure will! That's my first question- what times they offer and what times they recommend. Of course since I have 2 little ones, my "best" time might be way different than yours lol! But I will ask their recommendations for a couple as well and see what I can find out!

I told Tony we would do this in May if they had it at SSR and he said why not try to book GF this time and SSR next time. So we'll see how it all works out. $25 is really a good price since we'll already buy the photopass anyway. And I'm sure your wardrobe can be as dressy or as relaxed as you want it to be. As long as it's not matching clothes, DH won't mind lol.
    Sunshine Rewards