Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DVC Membership - when it evens out?

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    Just tell him you will buy the 50 points NEXT time! I mean...it would only be fair to let him has his 50 points! LOL

My turn? Well....not sure that will happen for a LONG time. Finances stink right now....but someday. That is what DH keeps telling me....someday. I wish that someday would hurry up and get here!
    Angela, I am curious to see how your DH feels about DVC after you all rent points. Might be a turning point....
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by disney_girl View Post
    Angela, I am curious to see how your DH feels about DVC after you all rent points. Might be a turning point....
    Yeah....it will be VERY interesting! I am VERY excited about renting points! However, we may have a slight change of plans. My mom and dad are thinking about going with us....at least for part of the trip. So we are thinking about renting points when mom and dad are NOT there, and then getting 2 value rooms with mom and dad and "give" them one of my kids. That would even save us more. Like I said....they are talking about going with us NOW, but NOW is a long time from next year. My parents are going with my sister this year and I think are feeling guilty about not going with us (we have asked them to go with us the last 3 times and they said no). I am obviously not the favorite! LOL
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Well, maybe you can at least use it to your advantage and get to experience two different resorts on that trip! I would definitely do the 2 values if that will save you some money. And then you could try out a DVC resort through renting for the end of the trip! Like they say...no matter what it's Disney so it's all good!
    Sunshine Rewards

Question

Quote Originally Posted by disney_girl View Post
    Not sure how I forgot to mention the $100 off Annual Passes since I'm about to buy 3 of them .
    And there is the Disney Dining Experience card that you buy for $60 that gives you a 20% discount off most meals. We used this at Chef Mickey's which was great! We bought the card last September and it expires I think in November of this year. So, we'll be able to use it on 3 separate trips so definitely pays for itself!

We bought in 2004 before we had our first child. We paid cash for part and financed part through Disney. So far we have used our points at WDW (Saratoga Springs) and DL (Grand Californian). I want to try some other DVC resorts- Hilton Head and especially Hawaii when that is completed!
    Do you think the Disney Dining Experience is still a good deal now that they add 18% gratuity no matter your party size? Doesn't that kind of cancel out the 20% off? Just curious....
    Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    Do you think the Disney Dining Experience is still a good deal now that they add 18% gratuity no matter your party size? Doesn't that kind of cancel out the 20% off? Just curious....
    You would have to give a tip of some kind so the 20% off equals the tip basically. The only place I don't like the 18% added on are the buffets because I don't usually tip the full 18% there (I usually do $2 a person at buffets). Turns out though at CP this year my 18% equaled my $2 a person rule so it was ok. I believe you can change the 18% if you wanted to. I have added additional on for excellent service.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for the info....I need all the help I can get since we are brand new DVC members. We are so excited, but it is a bit overwhelming trying to learn everything.
    Sunshine Rewards

I agree with Janet... it basically pays for the tip- which is still good IMO! We bought our current card last September and after our next trip, we will have used it for 3 trips- definitely worth it! We stay at Saratoga Springs and use ours at Artist's Palette daily which saves $$.
    Sunshine Rewards

Question Hilton Head DVC

Yay!! I am so excited...we booked our very first DVC stay for September at the Hilton Head resort. Any tips or suggestions for our stay here? Anyone have any reviews?

How about the food / restaurants? Activities? I am just full of questions! LOL
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    Yay!! I am so excited...we booked our very first DVC stay for September at the Hilton Head resort. Any tips or suggestions for our stay here? Anyone have any reviews?

How about the food / restaurants? Activities? I am just full of questions! LOL
    I know that Tricia and MissAngie recently stayed there. You might want to search ffor Tricia's trip report!
    Sunshine Rewards