Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing WDW......BADLY!

Default Missing WDW......BADLY!

I know I have mentioned it on another thread somewhere, and in chat, but I needed to vent again....

I am missing WDW SOOOO bad. I rewatched Samantha Brown's special from last night, and I am so sad that we are not going back until next July. We only go every other year, so it is not a shock to me. But i am missing it more now than ever.....I almost want to cry about it. Silly, huh?

Just had to express my sadness to some of you who may understand.....thanks for listening.....
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

we go every two years and we are now down to 9 months. It seems to take FOREVER!!!! I jsut want it to be here. So I understand. I am so bummed because I missed Samanthas special last night!!!! Was it good?
    <Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    we go every two years and we are now down to 9 months. It seems to take FOREVER!!!! I jsut want it to be here. So I understand. I am so bummed because I missed Samanthas special last night!!!! Was it good?
    It was good. In some ways not as good as others, but I still enjoyed watching it. There is another one next Friday night. I think the same time. It is always nice to see new shows on Disney. It does help a little bit with the sadness, but then sometimes it makes it worse because you want to go that much more!

Dee - do you own DVC?
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

no we rent points. We were going to buy DVC for this next trip because the cost for renting was so high this time, 2 bedroom for 8 nights. But we live so far away that going every other year just didn't make it worthwhile for us. Sadly after I got husband on board I realized it just wasn't wise for us. After that it hasn't felt as bad not owning. We just don't know how much longer we will want to go. And also we HAVE to buy airfare for Florida, that can get spendy. We wrote out all the places we want to vacation (most we can drive to) and decided we will just pay out of pocket each time. And someday we may decided to even go off property and stay in a house or condo. We would probably buy Worldmark before DVC now since there are more spots to vacation on the west coast with them. And then we could trade those points in for Disney.
    <Sunshine Rewards

I figured you didn't own, because I knew you rented points. But I thought you might be in the process of buying. We just don't have the extra right now. We have to gut 2 bathrooms this summer and we need a new roof....we live in a money pit....

I was reading on "the other site" about people who rent a camping site, then they stay offsite. They actually save money doing that. They even called WDW to see if it was legal, and the CM's told them that as long as they paid for their site, they can do whatever they want with it....stay the whole time, stay part of the time, or do nothing at all with it. You cannot get the dining plan with it. It was a tempting thought, however it seemed sneaky to me.....legal or not! However....right or wrong, I keep thinking about it! LOL
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

Angela, it's been a pretty crazy week for me. You're not alone. I'm listening to the Fantasmic soundtrack right now, cause I needed a little Disney. I love to hear the music when I can't be there. Makes me feel good, AND I can picture everything in my mind like it is there. Do you have the CDs? If not I can burn them and send them to you. They help alot when you're missing Mickey and feel like you're far from home.
    Lisa

Sunshine RewardsPhotobucket

Quote Originally Posted by lmroyea View Post
    Angela, it's been a pretty crazy week for me. You're not alone. I'm listening to the Fantasmic soundtrack right now, cause I needed a little Disney. I love to hear the music when I can't be there. Makes me feel good, AND I can picture everything in my mind like it is there. Do you have the CDs? If not I can burn them and send them to you. They help alot when you're missing Mickey and feel like you're far from home.
    I have the set of 6 Disney movie CD's. Well....most of them are from movies. I love listening to them! So do my kids (and my oldest is 13!) I especially like to listen to them when we are in the final weeks before our trip! It gets me all giddy! LOL
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

I know how you feel, it seems to be especially hard these weeks when free dining comes out and it feels like EVERYONE is going!

We were going to wait until December or January to go but then we got the free dining bug and I ran prices and we decided that free dining just saves us alot of $$ and besides we couldn't wait till then anyway!

Anyway, have you seen the Magic Kingdom board game? We got that for Christmas from my mom and the kids just LOVE it! It has the whole magic kingdom and all the attractions, etc. The kids love playing it and remembering all the things they have done and want to do next time. It's really a fun family game that gives you a little bit of the "magic" feel.

Here's another thought, why not drive up to Ann Arbor some weekend and grab Earl of Sandwich? Did you know we have one here now? That could give you a little taste of WDW
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    no we rent points. We were going to buy DVC for this next trip because the cost for renting was so high this time, 2 bedroom for 8 nights. But we live so far away that going every other year just didn't make it worthwhile for us. Sadly after I got husband on board I realized it just wasn't wise for us. After that it hasn't felt as bad not owning. We just don't know how much longer we will want to go. And also we HAVE to buy airfare for Florida, that can get spendy. We wrote out all the places we want to vacation (most we can drive to) and decided we will just pay out of pocket each time. And someday we may decided to even go off property and stay in a house or condo. We would probably buy Worldmark before DVC now since there are more spots to vacation on the west coast with them. And then we could trade those points in for Disney.
    You do know that they are building DVC at DL right? I guess it depends where you want to go. We only got enough points to go on a nice vaction every 3 years or so. The off years we will go other places and pay OOP
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    Here's another thought, why not drive up to Ann Arbor some weekend and grab Earl of Sandwich? Did you know we have one here now? That could give you a little taste of WDW

Oh my.... Earl of Sandwich!! There aren't any near us! DH and I were even reading up on their franchises! If only we had that kind of money!
    Sunshine Rewards