Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Up for Some General Disney Planning?

Hybrid View

Cool Anyone Up for Some General Disney Planning?

I know what's going on in the world, but at the moment I'm mentally gathering resources for my "long weekend" in the fall at WDW. Haven't been since 2016!

we postponed our April trip to the Fall. We are booked at Pop Century.

Quote Originally Posted by SCard View Post
    we postponed our April trip to the Fall. We are booked at Pop Century.
    That's where I'm booked, too! So excited!
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

We are DVC staying at BCV and had a May 3-15 trip planned using all banked points, cancelled that and reallocated those points to our already booked Oct/Nov. trip, hopefully we will be able to go at that time? We are in the high risk category and had no choice but to cancel.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    We are DVC staying at BCV and had a May 3-15 trip planned using all banked points, cancelled that and reallocated those points to our already booked Oct/Nov. trip, hopefully we will be able to go at that time? We are in the high risk category and had no choice but to cancel.
    . Bummed to hear that, but you have to stay safe. <3

Yes, have to stay safe so we can go back! It really is a disappointment but now I get to plan another vacation all over again, dinning reservations need to be made AGAIN next month, at least I get to plan another trip, lots of people had to cancel their once in a life time trip, imagine that....so sad.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

So we are booked starting May 24 and I am so on the fence about what to do! Part of me thinks that things will probably be lifted by that time because it is still pretty far away. But then part of me wonders if we should go ahead and cancel and rebook for the summer. We already have a trip booked for October and one for Christmas....so this one would HAVE to be before the kids start school in August. We actually just bought annual passes and were going to activate them in May.

Tomorrow is our fast pass day and we are going to go ahead and make them for May just in case we still end up getting to go. So much up in the air!!!

We will definitely be there for the girls' fall break in October. It will be the last year that they have fall break together so it may be our last family MNSSHP. We are going to have to really up our costume game for it!!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    So we are booked starting May 24 and I am so on the fence about what to do! Part of me thinks that things will probably be lifted by that time because it is still pretty far away. But then part of me wonders if we should go ahead and cancel and rebook for the summer. We already have a trip booked for October and one for Christmas....so this one would HAVE to be before the kids start school in August. We actually just bought annual passes and were going to activate them in May.

Tomorrow is our fast pass day and we are going to go ahead and make them for May just in case we still end up getting to go. So much up in the air!!!

We will definitely be there for the girls' fall break in October. It will be the last year that they have fall break together so it may be our last family MNSSHP. We are going to have to really up our costume game for it!!
    Yikes! That's a hard one. And holy heck...your guys' last family MNSSHP? Whoa.

I'm (hopefully) going to be there 10/1--trying to decide if I should do MK or Epcot on their birthdays. From there: trying to decide between Crystal Palace, Garden Grille, or Akershus for breakfast that day, or doing Topolino's Terrace another day. Other than that, my only other must-do ADR is Boma, tho I may make a few other ones in case they offer free dining for my dates.

Happy ADR day to me, happy ADR day to me, Happy ADR day dear Heather, happy ADR day to me. I booked ADR's as if Free Dining might take place during my trip. October 1: Be Our Guest (new!) before MK opens. October 2: Oga's Cantina lunch (new!) and Boma dinner. October 3: Topolino's Terrace breakfast (new!). If no Free Dining, then I'll probably just trim it down to Topolino's Terrace and Boma. (Heather goes to a character meal and Boma. Groundbreaking).

I also learned that SIL (our MDE's are linked from our last trip) has a trip planned for early May she hasn't mentioned.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

You do realize that Oga's Cantina doesn't really have "lunch", it's just two snack's to choose from, it's a bar that you have to stand at high tables with other people, not much seating. We had a reservation on our last trip but ended up canceling it, didn't seem to interest either one of us after doing more research. Neither one of us likes sweet type drinks (and most of them are) and at the time I had foot problems so needed to have a seat which wasn't guaranteed. We like Boma, good choice. Didn't care for Be Our Guest, we had a few problems with our dinner that the manager ended up comping part of it but the inside of the castle is great and meeting the beast, sadly it was a one and done for us but glad we tried it. Haven't tried Topolino's but heard it was a great character breakfast, I would love to try dinner there at some point. So many changes from when you went to Disney last, you will be amazed. Your SIL will be canceling that trip, no chance Disney will be open.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards