Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Anyone Up for Some General Disney Planning?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    You do realize that Oga's Cantina doesn't really have "lunch", it's just two snack's to choose from, it's a bar that you have to stand at high tables with other people, not much seating. We had a reservation on our last trip but ended up canceling it, didn't seem to interest either one of us after doing more research. Neither one of us likes sweet type drinks (and most of them are) and at the time I had foot problems so needed to have a seat which wasn't guaranteed. We like Boma, good choice. Didn't care for Be Our Guest, we had a few problems with our dinner that the manager ended up comping part of it but the inside of the castle is great and meeting the beast, sadly it was a one and done for us but glad we tried it. Haven't tried Topolino's but heard it was a great character breakfast, I would love to try dinner there at some point. So many changes from when you went to Disney last, you will be amazed. Your SIL will be canceling that trip, no chance Disney will be open.
    Boma is my favorite. I'e never done Be Out guest and I want to see it. I figure saving myself some sort of space there is sensible. And yeah, no way they're going.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Happy ADR day to me, happy ADR day to me, Happy ADR day dear Heather, happy ADR day to me. I booked ADR's as if Free Dining might take place during my trip. October 1: Be Our Guest (new!) before MK opens. October 2: Oga's Cantina lunch (new!) and Boma dinner. October 3: Topolino's Terrace breakfast (new!). If no Free Dining, then I'll probably just trim it down to Topolino's Terrace and Boma. (Heather goes to a character meal and Boma. Groundbreaking).

    I also learned that SIL (our MDE's are linked from our last trip) has a trip planned for early May she hasn't mentioned.
    congrats, have not made my ADRs yet. Just doing 1900PF, I have rewards from my Disney Visa to cover that.
    So hoping for a discount after 9/30.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCard View Post
    congrats, have not made my ADRs yet. Just doing 1900PF, I have rewards from my Disney Visa to cover that.
    So hoping for a discount after 9/30.
    SAAAME

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,382

    Default

    We were suppose to fly out April 25-May 2. Grand Gathering all 14 of us. All my kids are married now and I have 4 grandchildren.
    I could just cry. I think we are going to try for the same time next year and hopefully miss the 50th Celebration before it all starts.

    This kills me to say this, but my husband works for a company that does gas lines, underground utility work, bridges, etc. He deals with a lot of government contacts and they were just told, that many non essential places will not get open until a vaccine
    is in place, which could be close to another 15 months. He told me to go ahead and plan, but he does not foresee us going next year either. Right now I am at the point that I just trust in God to get us through this storm. I am sorry if anyone is not religious, I do not mean to start anything, but we all need to start praying for this epidemic to end. I keep telling myself, Disney will always be there, you can always plan another time.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    36,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
    We were suppose to fly out April 25-May 2. Grand Gathering all 14 of us. All my kids are married now and I have 4 grandchildren.
    I could just cry. I think we are going to try for the same time next year and hopefully miss the 50th Celebration before it all starts.

    This kills me to say this, but my husband works for a company that does gas lines, underground utility work, bridges, etc. He deals with a lot of government contacts and they were just told, that many non essential places will not get open until a vaccine
    is in place, which could be close to another 15 months. He told me to go ahead and plan, but he does not foresee us going next year either. Right now I am at the point that I just trust in God to get us through this storm. I am sorry if anyone is not religious, I do not mean to start anything, but we all need to start praying for this epidemic to end. I keep telling myself, Disney will always be there, you can always plan another time.
    This makes me so sad!! I remember when we planned our big trip for Kevin's family with his parents, all their boys, and all of their grandkids. I think we planned for over a year just to be able to get everyone together? I know how much you must have been looking forward to it.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    This makes me so sad!! I remember when we planned our big trip for Kevin's family with his parents, all their boys, and all of their grandkids. I think we planned for over a year just to be able to get everyone together? I know how much you must have been looking forward to it.
    Yes, it is disappointing. I had a 3:45 ADR at Ohana's to kick off our vacation for all 14 of us and my $500 Sunshine Rewards money was going to pay for that big bill. But this will give me the incentive to keep trying and earn more money on Sunshine's.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    36,901

    Default

    Is anyone watching the livestreams of AP preview day? I am so jealous!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Is anyone watching the livestreams of AP preview day? I am so jealous!
    So jealous of them!
    Ticket buying in a world without park hopping is...weird. (I only want to see Pandora at AK. trying to figure if that is worth a day)
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    36,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    So jealous of them!
    Ticket buying in a world without park hopping is...weird. (I only want to see Pandora at AK. trying to figure if that is worth a day)
    I am shocked at how few people are at AK today, especially because the preview booked up. I wonder what it will be like once it opens to everyone? I thought today was supposed to be a trial run of capacity before this weekend but surely it won't stay that low for long.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •