Thread: Bio spot flea control from Dr. Foster Smith?

Hybrid View

Default Bio spot flea control from Dr. Foster Smith?

Sping is in the air, and as a mama of two furbabies, it's time to think about flea control (they're indoor cats). I usually get Frontline, but Dr. Foster Smith's catalog advertises bio-spot as a cheaper alternative to Front line. Has anyone used this?
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

At my hospital, we recommend advantage/advantix or frontline. For our area, Frontline in particular seems to do the best job, and has the fewest number of reactions. I've heard of many more reactions to biospot (and definitely don't use Hartz!!!).
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by zoodoyle View Post
    At my hospital, we recommend advantage/advantix or frontline. For our area, Frontline in particular seems to do the best job, and has the fewest number of reactions. I've heard of many more reactions to biospot (and definitely don't use Hartz!!!).
    Thanks! That's what I needed to know.

Please don't use Bio spot or any other Hartz flea product. I've seen too many liver failures and kidney failures and deaths from it.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Please don't use Bio spot or any other Hartz flea product. I've seen too many liver failures and kidney failures and deaths from it.
    It's Hartz! Good grief, no wonder it was cheap!

wow, I've been using bio spot for 3 years and have never had a problem, I'll have to rethink what I use now.