Thread: Nursing Graduation Gift

Default Nursing Graduation Gift

Okay ladies, I need some help. My SIL is going to be graduating to be a nurse in May and I need to get some sort of present. Of course, I'm hoping I can get it through SR! I want it to be more nurse themed and not just graduation themed if that makes sense. Which merchants should I check out? Any suggestions on a present? We would like to keep it around $50-75. Thanks!
    Sunshine Rewards

I thought of a silver charm with a nurse theme to go on a necklace or bracelet. But I'm having a gard time finding something through a SR merchant so far...

A friend of mine found a cake charm at BlueNile and had it put on a necklace for the girls that helped her at her last show. It came out awesome!

I'll keep thinking...
    Sunshine Rewards

perhaps a set of scrubs? not totally original, but it was my first thought. or hey, what about a pair of good nursing shoes? crocs maybe?

Does SR have any scrub stores? I'm not seeing any in the shopping category?
    Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Remembering back to my nursing graduation (many eons ago), one of my most treasured gifts was a precious moments figurine of a nurse. Of course I got many other gifts at that time, but that is the one I have in my china hutch. I remember the day each time I see it.

I have gotten a few gifts over the years, and most of them have been statues of angels, another popular theme for nurses.

Having said all this, I'm not sure about what would be carried in the stores via SR. Have you tried Things Remembered? That might be a good place to start. Good luck!

FYI, the color of scrubs sometimes depends on the place or unit a Nurse works. If you go the scrubs route, I'd check to see if there are any restrictions first.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Just did a search. Collectibles Today has nursing related gifts. Just type "Nurse" into their blank search box. HTH
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

I didn't go too far into it, but found scrubs on this site (searched "scrubs).

http://www.sunshinerewards.com/leads...0f7e91&aid=531

There were also a few bracelets with a nurse theme on Personal Creations.
    Personalization Mall has some picture frames, personalized pens, etc.
    Last edited by disney_girl; 04-19-2008 at 07:54 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

MetroUniforms has scrubs and nursing stuff, 7% SR back.

They aren't listed in the GC section on SR, but maybe the powers that be can find out if you'd get credit for buying one, that way she could get the correct scrubs, etc for her new place.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

My DBF is a nurse. Ideas - stethescope, pen light (small for checking pupils), bandage scissors, pens with red, black and green ink & highlighters, any holder or covers for any of the above, a good drug book, an ID clip for her work ID. If she is a Disney fan, I'm aware of two pins with Minnie as a nurse.

Not sure where to get the above - but hope the ideas help.
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards