Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: backpacks in bulk?

Default backpacks in bulk?

I just got back from a meeting and I found out that I am going to be purchasing at least 500 backpacks for our church's annual backpack for kids give-away in August. We provide a backpack filled with basic school supplies for needy kids in our school district.

We lost our supplier that we used last year. Does anyone know a site, with decent quality backpacks (in the $5 and under range)? Free or reduced shipping would be great, also.

thanks
    Lori
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by lorisnuts View Post
    I just got back from a meeting and I found out that I am going to be purchasing at least 500 backpacks for our church's annual backpack for kids give-away in August. We provide a backpack filled with basic school supplies for needy kids in our school district.

We lost our supplier that we used last year. Does anyone know a site, with decent quality backpacks (in the $5 and under range)? Free or reduced shipping would be great, also.

thanks
    Lori
    I'm not sure of regular stock, but since it is considered "out of season" right now I would check Target.com, Wal-mart.com (clearance sections also) and possible shoebuy (or bagsbuy.com). You may luck out and find a deal, of course you may have to order from different merchants? Shoebuy/bagbuy is free shipping.

Good Luck!
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

found these on clearance at Walmart.com $4 orignally $8 not sure the quality, worth checking out though. Also says .97 shipping.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5740892
    Sunshine Rewards

If you can't get them from an SR merchant, I wonder about the places who do logos on backpacks? We have gotten some really nice bags and backpacks at conferences. And they can't be spending more than 5 or 6 dollars on each one to be giving them away to as many people as they do.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Looks like just about all of these are under $5, for best price you buy by the case...you have to register to see prices, but it is free.
    http://www.dollardays.com/wholesale-backpacks.html

They have an affiliate program, maybe Trica or Cindy can look into:

http://www.dollardays.com/about_us.a..._affiliate.asp
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

thanks for all your help. We are going to check into dollardays.com (they were also mentioned at the meeting i went to yesterday). I am going to call them this week to find out about shipping. right now they have free shipping on their site, need to find out how often they do that. We won't have the funds to order until june. Trying to clean out my brain after yesterdays meeting as to what i need to order, when we should have it by and etc. right now i'm just a bit overwhelmed I've never had to help put together a project this big before.
    Sunshine Rewards

Just wanted to drop by and say "thanks" for the Dollar Days website. We ordered 576 backpacks (our school district has about 1,000 kids in the elementary grades) They are great backpacks for the price. very friendly customer service and they arrived within 5 days of ordering. I have been so busy with this project that this month I've only earned .30 cents in sunshine rewards. Next Saturday we are giving away the backpacks with a totally free fun filled day. Kids will get free hot dogs, popcorn, drinks, face painting, petting zoo, pony rides, a bounce house, an inflatable maze, an inflatable slide, magic show, illusionist show, firemans smoke house, life flight helicopter will be there, and sooooo much more free stuff for the kids.

Just thought you might want to see what 576 backpacks filled with school supplies looks like. pretty amazing sight.

Sunshine Rewards

Wow! That's awesome!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

That is an amazing sight and what a great thing to do for your community.
    Sunshine Rewards

Wow! What an amazing thing to do! Sounds like the children are going to have lots of fun!
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards