Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diva Cup

Default Diva Cup

For anyone who was on the DIS thread about our lovely monthly friend, you can get the Diva Cup at drugstore.com and get some SR credits back. Someone probably figured that out already, but I just realized and thought I'd let everyone know just in case!

Interesting. I had not heard of this. Before I had my IUD put in, I used to use some kind of cup. But now I don't have periods. When I do again, I will definitely have to check this out.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by daninyc View Post
    For anyone who was on the DIS thread about our lovely monthly friend, you can get the Diva Cup at drugstore.com and get some SR credits back. Someone probably figured that out already, but I just realized and thought I'd let everyone know just in case!
    FWIW, I adore my diva cup. I have PCOS, and it's the only thing that I haven't bled through when it was untreated (this is also why I liked this better than the keeper-it has a calibration that tells me how much comes out so I can tell my lady doc). And it's amazing the amount of money I saved over the three years I've had mine.

If anyone needs newbie help, feel free to PM me.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I'm still on the learning curve lol, but I'm hanging in there. I am having some issues that are causing me to have it about 20 days of the month so this is going to save me some BIG bucks!

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I too have had mine for several years and LOVE It. It took me a while to get used to it, but once you do it's great! All the money to save is another great reason to own one!
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm intrigued- gonna head over to drugstore.com right now to check this out.
    Robin

Diva Cup? What is this? Please inform me.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    But now I don't have periods. When I do again, I will definitely have to check this out.
    Is the Sunshine Family expecting?
    Sunshine Rewards

Default veering slightly off topic for a moment!

Quote Originally Posted by daninyc View Post
    I'm still on the learning curve lol, but I'm hanging in there. I am having some issues that are causing me to have it about 20 days of the month so this is going to save me some BIG bucks!
    My mom was having similar problems, and the two things she regretted not trying later on were chiropractic and acupuncture. Since her regret was awful and memorable, I try to tell everyone who is having troubles like that about what she wishes she would have tried.

I personally keep trying to find a place that sells cloth pads with an affiliate site, but I haven't yet!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    Diva Cup? What is this? Please inform me.
    It's a menstrual cup. Instead of using tampons or pads, which are bad for your body AND the environment this is a silicone cup that you fold up and pop inside kind of and it collects all the menstrual fluid. You then remove it, dump it, rinse it, and reinsert. Unlike tampons that run the risk of TSS from the bleached cotton and rayon fibers, there's no risk with these. Except maybe if you leave it in for more than 12 hours you increase the chance of yeast infections. I don't think I would be able to go 12 hours without emptying it though.

This is the Diva website if you want to read up on it and see what it's about.
    Last edited by daninyc; 04-23-2008 at 12:34 PM.