Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diva Cup

adding on...instead of tampons or *disposable* pads.

Quote Originally Posted by daninyc View Post
    It's a menstrual cup. Instead of using tampons or pads, which are bad for your body AND the environment this is a silicone cup that you fold up and pop inside kind of and it collects all the menstrual fluid. You then remove it, dump it, rinse it, and reinsert. Unlike tampons that run the risk of TSS from the bleached cotton and rayon fibers, there's no risk with these. Except maybe if you leave it in for more than 12 hours you increase the chance of yeast infections. I don't think I would be able to go 12 hours without emptying it though.
    Wow, I've never heard of this! It doesn't spill over or hurt?
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    adding on...instead of tampons or *disposable* pads.
    I stand corrected! Instead of tampons or DISPOSABLE pads that are bad for the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    Wow, I've never heard of this! It doesn't spill over or hurt?
    Well the first time I tried it, I did a dry run and had some problems. But when it was actually show time it went well. It doesn't spill because there's small holes in the cup that create suction so it doesn't come out or spill. It doesn't hurt because unlike tampons it doesn't absorb so it doesn't "dry" you out inside. It's also silicone so it's flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by daninyc View Post
    Well the first time I tried it, I did a dry run and had some problems. But when it was actually show time it went well. It doesn't spill because there's small holes in the cup that create suction so it doesn't come out or spill. It doesn't hurt because unlike tampons it doesn't absorb so it doesn't "dry" you out inside. It's also silicone so it's flexible.

Well, you learn something everyday! Boy, could I use this.
    Sunshine Rewards

They really are great. I didn't even know it was there! Plus I will save some $$ not stock my cabinet with a full arsenal of feminine products! lol

Hmmm...... very interesting!! Looks like I'll be heading to drugstore.com now
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

It does take some getting used to and if you get one I strongly suggest practicing before you get AF so you get comfortable with it.

Some complaints I've heard is how do you clean it when your out.
    Basically you don't, if I'm out in public I just (excuse the boldness) dump and put it back in. Once home you can take it out and rinse it. Really it's not any messier then tampons.

Someone else said what if I'm heavier then normal? This works for that too, it may not look big but believe it or not the ones I know who have heavier periods say it works really well for them. Again like Heather said it was a learning process, had some issues in the beginning takes a while to get used to, but once you do it's a piece of cake.
    Sunshine Rewards

This is just TMI!
    Sunshine Rewards

thanks for the candid tmi type posts... they weren't tmi to me..I've been thinking about this...
    what a great change in my lifestyle for earth day
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129