Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diva Cup

Diva cup... What a name for such a thing. But I like it. And too join in I have to say I have never heard of such a thing. Although I hesitate about it because I have issues as well. I am afraid it would be too painful.
    I know I know too much TMI but how else can you talk about such a thing
    its not something you would want to bring up while having coffee with someone either.
    "Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by mia214jia View Post
    Diva cup... What a name for such a thing. But I like it. And too join in I have to say I have never heard of such a thing. Although I hesitate about it because I have issues as well. I am afraid it would be too painful.
    I know I know too much TMI but how else can you talk about such a thing
    its not something you would want to bring up while having coffee with someone either.
    It's all natural. Not like any woman DOESN'T have to deal with the issue.

I was afraid it would be painful too. Particularly because I have been umm...well- abstinent for close to 2 years! (being a single parent of a disabled child doesn't leave much time for dating) A dry run didn't really work for me, but once things were in full swing it was much easier. I have read of some women using a lubricant to make things easier. About cleaning it in public, I had to once and I carried a bottle of water with me. I was able to rinse it off and pop it back in without a problem.

I just used it for the first time and the first day was great and the second day I had some leakage. I don't think I rotated it enough. I might have to go with the smaller size because it's a little uncomfortable. Or is that normal, I just have to get used to it?
    Melissa

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

If it's uncomfortable I would try the smaller size. I was a little uncomfortable but I realized I didn't have it in right. After that it was great, didn't even realize it was there. Did you read the Diva site? They have some great info, and you can even email them with a question if you need to.

I know this has been brought up on other topics, but it's so nice that things can be discussed here and everyone has respect for everyone else's opinion. The discussion about this on the DIS tends to get ugly and nasty. People can be mean over there!!

I'm glad to hear that some of you guys are using these with success. I want to try it, I'm just waiting to use up the stockpile of supplies I got at CVS during an Extra Care Bucks deal. Once they are gone, I'm ordering one. Thanks for the heads up about Drugstore.com, I love that site, and it gives a great % back too.
    Dorothy

Sunshine Rewards

Well I ordered one of these last month and so far so good. I am having no issues with it, only a slight amount of leakage after sleeping/lying down but nothing to even really speak of. It was a little uncomfortable the first day but i finally trimmed the stem off a little and that seemed to work. I actually think it is less messy than other forms of protection.
    Sunshine Rewards

I haven't tried the Diva Cup, but I did use the other brand mentioned earlier (not avail through SR??) for about 2 years until I developed a kidney infection. Now...the device did not CAUSE the UTI and kidney infection per-se, as that is caused by bacteria, but it did somewhat compress my urethra so the urine couldn't pass as easily, which resulted in the infection becoming very bad.

Sorry if TMI, but I just want you ladies to be aware as you use it of any changes in urine flow. I would hate for anyone else to become as sick as I was that summer.

Having said that, I do still use it when swimming and such on heavier days, as no leaks or anything, and I wish I was still able to use it regularly as it was so much more convienient!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for all the good info! I haven't heard about this before. I'll definitely look into this.
    Amy

PhotobucketSunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    I haven't tried the Diva Cup, but I did use the other brand mentioned earlier (not avail through SR??) for about 2 years until I developed a kidney infection. Now...the device did not CAUSE the UTI and kidney infection per-se, as that is caused by bacteria, but it did somewhat compress my urethra so the urine couldn't pass as easily, which resulted in the infection becoming very bad.

Sorry if TMI, but I just want you ladies to be aware as you use it of any changes in urine flow. I would hate for anyone else to become as sick as I was that summer.

Having said that, I do still use it when swimming and such on heavier days, as no leaks or anything, and I wish I was still able to use it regularly as it was so much more convienient!!!

For me this is actually a mild plus that it presses slightly on the urethra because after delivering a 10lb+ baby the bladder isn't as good as it used to be and I have found that I have less issues when i sneeze or exercise. It isn't bad enough to "do" anything about but is bothersome at times. I do my kegal exercises and that hasn't helped.
    Sunshine Rewards

Another plus for the Diva cup. I have been complaining to the Dr. for the last 6 years that my flow is getting more and more and that I am having major issues. They keep telling me that is it all relative and that what I think is alot is not really as much as I think it is and that everything is normal or that I might be perimenopausal and it would eventually taper off. Well it was time for my annual exam so I decided to track this last time of the month and record each time I emptied my Diva and the amount. I discovered that this last cycle was over 10 oz. of fluid and 6 of that was in one day. ( Normal is 2-3 oz. per cycle) Took the record to the doctor and she was absolutely speechless. So finally 6 years later they are going to get to the bottom of it. She thinks I may have fibroids so I had the ultrasound today and will have an endometrial biopsy next Friday. The GYN said she thinks she might start encouraging other women complaining of heavy cycles to use a diva cup.
    Sunshine Rewards