Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what did you SR-buy for your mother for Mother's Day?

Default So what did you SR-buy for your mother for Mother's Day?

Just wanted to see how people are taking advantage of SR with the upcoming holiday. I bought my mother the "Year of Flowers" from RedEnvelope; 12 different kinds of seeds, 12 pots, all seasonally appropriate.

What are you going to buy?

~Anne

My mom wants a pair of crocs for her gardining and I was thinking either flowers or I am going to do a search for this topsy turvy tomatoe plant thing that she would love!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Not real sure! I wanted to get her the caramel apples that we all talk about and love here....but I am not sure she is a caramel apply kind of person. Thought about flowers, but I always get her flowers. I guess I better get on the ball and start looking, huh? Love to hear other people's ideas, it might help me out with my decision.

OH!!!! Just thought of something! Maybe I could get DH to get me those apples for Mothers Day! I have been DYING to order me some.....
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm thinking about something edible. She is giving away a bunch of her stuff - last time I visited I got some of her silver platters, and silver cream and sugar bowls (I'm probably never going to use them but I guess there is some sentimental value in keeping them - though I can't remember her ever using them!)

She is probably going to downsize her house soon and doesn't need more stuff!!
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

I bought my mom the Elizabeth Taylor fragrance she likes from fragrance.net, the day I bought it they had free shipping for everything!

I might get her some aqua globes too but I waiting to see some reviews first.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

I bought my mom a new set of luggage from ebags. She's had her current set since I was 10 (making them well over 20 years old).

I'm still trying to figure out something for DMIL. She's always tough to buy for.
    Lisa

Sunshine Rewards

Well, my Dear Mother wants money!

Not sure as to what I want yet!

I did order Nuts on Net Mixed Nuts for my sisters, aunts and some other special people.
    Sunshine Rewards

I wanted to get my mom some Mrs.Prindables stuff (MIL always sends them to us for our anniversary and they are AWESOME!), but my mom has diabetes and was recently put on a super-strict diet so I didn't want to set out to sabotage her with a present. But she is a garden/plant person so I figured the year of flower seeds would be perfect and she could do it how/when she wanted.

I'm not sure yet since mom is going in for knee replacement on May 13th. I usually get her flowers, but since she is going in for surgery she won't be home to enjoy them. I don't really want to do anything edible since I know that after the last time they did knee replacement it took her quite a while to get her appetite back.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for other ideas!
    Debbie

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Is Mother's Day coming up?
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards