Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I just gotta ask about Disboards...

Quote Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
    Tricia-You used to post a lot over on the DIS, heck I remember even remember freaking out about something and posting it on the DIS before you started your own forum - and you responded - I still see you over there occasionally.
    I did! But I feel bad posting on the Rewards board now that Dmitry is banned and none of the other rewards owners post there. I always feel like if I post it is because I am trolling for members. So I try to post mainly there mainly when I can give general help.

I posted a bit on DVC before we went to HH. I'm sure I'll start posting on the Cruise board again as we get closer to October. They DIS is my second favorite forum for sure.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I remember when I joined here I found someone who talked nicely about SrR on the DIS but was not looking for referrals and I pmed them. I just HATE when people say pm me! It irks me and I am not sure why. So I picked someone who was a lot more discreet. I am not sure even who I went through. It was so long ago and I was so new to the reward world that I had no idea what I was getting into!

I enjoy the Disboards but I almost NEVER go to rewards section anymore. Don't need to anymore.

But sometimes I am irked also that the MODS won't let a thread about SR stay in the budget board and move it. Most the time the people at the budget board have no idea there is a rewards board and would not go looking there. O, well. Just a small pet peeve.
    <Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
    They are pretty lenient, but just don't post a link-though I have seen it, or start a thread and say "if you want more info, give me a PM".
    Well, the rules, as they were 1.5 weeks ago when I searched, say you can't say "send me a PM for a referral". They don't say that you can't tell someone to send you a PM if they want more info. The rules need to be more clear, they need to be out there (not hidden in the three places I found rules, only ONE of the places being in the Rewards forum), and everyone has to be clear on those actual rules! Like I said, the mod who officially warned me (it wasn't just a PM warning, it's an infraction warning without points) thought you couldn't mention rewards sites AT ALL. The rule mentioned in the infraction said that I told them to PM me for a referral, and I think Tricia can check her records and notice that I'm, unfortunately for Sunshine, not about the referrals. (my IRL friends are all too "smart" to get hooked up in "something like that", which is why I've been to disneyland 3, going on 4, times in one year thanks to the APs my rewards got me, and they haven't been since childhood, LOL)

Like I said before, be careful!

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    But sometimes I am irked also that the MODS won't let a thread about SR stay in the budget board and move it. Most the time the people at the budget board have no idea there is a rewards board and would not go looking there. O, well. Just a small pet peeve.
    I agree. And you never (good gosh I didn't even THINK that I shouldn't post those sites, SORRY!) see posts about sites that aren't thought of as Rewards sites moved anywhere...

I myself found SR b/c Dis'ers kept talking about them! Back then I thought the Rewards forum was for Disney Rewards Card (and many people still do) b/c of how it's worded. If it weren't for people on other areas talking about it, I wouldn't know about it. Also, if it hadn't been for reasonable, rational, seemingly trustworthy talking about how honest it was I wouldn't have come over...but seeing intelligent people talking about it so much is what convinced me to check it out!
    Last edited by mollyeilis; 04-30-2008 at 10:12 PM. Reason: noticed the *****s, realized I'd goofed, fixed the thing that wasn't *****d!

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I'm sure I'll start posting on the Cruise board again as we get closer to October. They DIS is my second favorite forum for sure.

There is a thread for DIS people who are going to be on our boat. Make sure you join in!
    Sunshine Rewards

[QUOTE=OhMari;137099]. They are pretty lenient, but just don't post a link-though I have seen it, or start a thread and say "if you want more info, give me a PM".

QUOTE]

No they aren't. I got banned for offering someone help who was complaining about SR and I was just wanting to tell them about how to find something, and I got banned. Ridiculous. I didn't even tell the person to PM me, I was just going to tell them straight out on the boards, no biggie. I was told because I work for SR i couldn't do that, but we all know that other sites have their little spies working the Disboard, so to me, they too are like employees, and I don't see where that has anything to do with it anyway. Someone basically needed some help and I was willing to help. Not that I care cause I didn't normally post there anyway. I like the Undis board now, the one with all the complaining, suits me better anyway.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    I like the Undis board now, the one with all the complaining, suits me better anyway.
    The Undis board? Oh, bother, there goes more of my time searching out another fun board!!!
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    The Undis board? Oh, bother, there goes more of my time searching out another fun board!!!
    No doubt!! Just when I thought I had enough sites to peruse everyday!!

As for the Dis & finding SR I had been a member for quite sometime before I even noticed the Rewards section. I agree w/Molly...I thought it had EVERYTHING to do w/the Disney Visa rewards...and I was kinda afraid of it. So while I looked breifly at first, I then realized what a world I was missing out on & how come I didn't know about it before?! I'm certain I didn't read about it on a TR or anything & I haven't tried out the Budget Board for fear of aggravation, but I'm happy I found SR!!

And I like that we have our own forums!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

In regards to the UnDis, I would be happy to give the link those of you who want it. Be warned - it is not the DIS. No pixie dust over there. It is called the UnDis for a reason. All the of the recent bannings and turmoil are as a result of certain members participation over there. No comments from me on the whole situation.

It can get really, really nasty over there but if you want to check it out, send me a pm or do a google search for UNDIS Circle of Sarcasm.

SR family - feel free to edit this as you feel necessary
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by llgray16 View Post
    In regards to the UnDis, I would be happy to give the link those of you who want it. Be warned - it is not the DIS. No pixie dust over there. It is called the UnDis for a reason. All the of the recent bannings and turmoil are as a result of certain members participation over there. No comments from me on the whole situation.

It can get really, really nasty over there but if you want to check it out, send me a pm or do a google search for UNDIS Circle of Sarcasm.

SR family - feel free to edit this as you feel necessary
    Oh, we think its pretty funny. You know, you can take that forum for what it is. If you want some entertainment, and I agree, it can be quite *harsh*, so be prepared, or don't read it.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

I don't go on the DIS boards, for some reason it never works for me. I go to another great disney website. It's amazing how many great websites there are about Disney. I went through someone when I signed up for SR but I don't remember who or how, and I have been member for awhile, but only recently realized what a great site it truly is.