Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm just a little steamed, but not at SR

Default I'm just a little steamed, but not at SR

I guess I'm just being a grouch today, but it just gets to me that you make a purchase through the only rewards site that you use and they say gave the credit to another site. I know that missangie tried to get my credit but they refused because someone else got the credit. I have never ever used another site for anything. I have shopped with that merchant before and never had a problem with my orders crediting. How in the world can this happen?
    Sorry, just had to vent.
    And a big thanks to missangie for trying.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by sammielynn View Post
    I guess I'm just being a grouch today, but it just gets to me that you make a purchase through the only rewards site that you use and they say gave the credit to another site. I know that missangie tried to get my credit but they refused because someone else got the credit. I have never ever used another site for anything. I have shopped with that merchant before and never had a problem with my orders crediting. How in the world can this happen?
    Sorry, just had to vent.
    And a big thanks to missangie for trying.
    Searching the net for coupons can result in the same thing also. Is there any chance you googled or put in the name of the merchant you were going to shop to see if there were any coupons out there. If you ever do that, make sure you clear you cookies afterward before you log into your SR account. If you click on one of those coupons, whoever has that coupon up there will get credit for your sale, even if you come back to SR without clearing cookies as they have stored it on your computer.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Nope, didn't do that. It's just a case of a computer glich on their part as far as I'm concerned. But it is good to know that you need to clear cookies after you search for coupons.
    Sammielynn

Ouch! I know that I have had a few issues with other senerios and the issue there was that someone else had the same IP address as I did. And they are a member of SR and I still dont know who they are anyway, where I am I use a local online and they (the co) uses only 3 IP addresses but a prgram which masks our id so they all look as if we are the same address.
    Sounds confusing but that is how I understand it. Could that be a possibility for you as well?
    I know it doesnt give you the credit, but maybe help you know what maybe happening.
    I still keep trucking along taking what credits I can when I can.
    On my end its first come first serve. I still love SR and I still hang in there.
    "Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Michelle

I seem to be having more problems lately with shopping credits tracking correctly also. Merchants not showing a click through when I am absolutely positive that I went through SR because I wouldn't have known how to get there without going through SR. Things being dropped. I used to never clear cookies, now since I need to clear them to get surveys I seem to be having more problems. In fact usually if I do clear cookies I don't get credits for offers. Maybe my computer is just weird. Also there are a few other sites that even if you just do paid e-mails they put something on your computer to get the credit. Are you a member at any other site and read their e-mails?
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by missymouse View Post
    I seem to be having more problems lately with shopping credits tracking correctly also. Merchants not showing a click through when I am absolutely positive that I went through SR because I wouldn't have known how to get there without going through SR. Things being dropped. I used to never clear cookies, now since I need to clear them to get surveys I seem to be having more problems. In fact usually if I do clear cookies I don't get credits for offers. Maybe my computer is just weird. Also there are a few other sites that even if you just do paid e-mails they put something on your computer to get the credit. Are you a member at any other site and read their e-mails?
    Correct about the paid emails. We've had a couple of cases lately where our member clicked on a paid email from another site and it set a cookie and that site got credit. And some merchants are related...so if you click on a paid email for beauty.com or visiondirect (I think), it sets a cookie for drugstore.com.

There is also a movement in the affiliate world that if you click on another website directly or through a google search or whatever and THEN click on a rewards site, the rewards site does not get credit. You have to ONLY click on our link EVER for us to get the credit. They are really starting to crack down.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post

There is also a movement in the affiliate world that if you click on another website directly or through a google search or whatever and THEN click on a rewards site, the rewards site does not get credit. You have to ONLY click on our link EVER for us to get the credit. They are really starting to crack down.
    EVER?!? that is crazy... I may have heard of store X and looked at their site... but it is the chat on the forums or product reviews here that inspire me to make a purchase... and for that SR should get credit.

Personally if I found out about a store with the EVER policy... I would probably not shop there anymore... I would find another store with a more reasonable policy.

Thanks for the heads up though... since I take a long time to browse I usually visit a site and make a list before I clear cookies and shop...
    I'll have to be more careful in the future.
    Faith
    Proud to be SR member #3129

Correct about the paid emails. We've had a couple of cases lately where our member clicked on a paid email from another site and it set a cookie and that site got credit. And some merchants are related...so if you click on a paid email for beauty.com or visiondirect (I think), it sets a cookie for drugstore.com.

EVER is ridiculous. I guess they are starting to track by IP address then? Not sure how else they could since cookies can be deleted. Wow. "EVER" just doesn't seem quite right.
    Debbie

Wow, that's a lot to remember. But if you know the rules you can play by them. But SR is my one and only site
    Sammielynn

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Can you clarify this. Do you mean never click on thisparticularstore dot com link through another rewards site, just here.

Or can you not click on thisparticularstore dot com link from a search engine or even type the address into your browser to look at the site.

So say I want a shirt, I can't even go to the site directly from my browser to "window shop" so I know what to order when I do go through SR?

I understand the not clicking on another rewards site, but if it is the latter scenario that is just an insane rule from the advertisers.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards