Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm just a little steamed, but not at SR

If you go directly to the store or do a google search and come across the store, they will record your visit on their end. If you browse their site and then come to our site and click on our link before making the purchase, they reserve the right either to not pay me at all or to pay me only a minimum amount.

Their justification (which in part is true) is that you found them without me and would probably have made the purchase even if they were not on my site. So why do they owe me any money for the purchase?

Of course, we argue that you might have decided NOT to make the purchase if you did not get cash back or that you maybe bought MORE because you were getting cash back or I gave you a good coupon. But that's only rhetorical and we can't prove it.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    If you go directly to the store or do a google search and come across the store, they will record your visit on their end. If you browse their site and then come to our site and click on our link before making the purchase, they reserve the right either to not pay me at all or to pay me only a minimum amount.

Their justification (which in part is true) is that you found them without me and would probably have made the purchase even if they were not on my site. So why do they owe me any money for the purchase?

Of course, we argue that you might have decided NOT to make the purchase if you did not get cash back or that you maybe bought MORE because you were getting cash back or I gave you a good coupon. But that's only rhetorical and we can't prove it.
    Wow they are cracking down... I can attest that there are some purchases I would have never made on the internet if it weren't for the good deal thru SR and getting the % back. Kohls and Target are the last 2 I can think of. I have quite a few of each store nearby, but the savings going thru SR was much better then in-store.

Oh well, we know now.... Make sure you don't click on anything else after you've cleared cookies to make a purchase!

Thanks for keeping us informed!
    Sunshine Rewards

I know that I never went to the site that I purchased my Pancake Puff from other than through SR and they have denied the credit because they have no record of the click through. I probably visited the site about 5 times before finally deciding I did need the Pancake Puff and I am absolutely positively sure I went through SR all 5 times. But I do like the Pancake Puff so while disappointed that I didn't get my $1 credit I am happy with my purchase.
    Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Ok, while I don't agree with their policies, at least I know why they are doing what they do. Thanks for the explanations Tricia! Maybe they'll at least lengthen the time of the cookies, as I know some can expire in as little as an hour. I think that would be fair for us that have like to look around alot. I don't do a whole lot of shopping and don't usually have issues with credits, but it is good info to have.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

I read some advice earlier, a few weeks ago, on the shopping forum about maybe looking at the site to see what you want, and then clearing cookies, and doing your shopping so you didn't take a long time - as apparently if your session is too long, your cookie might expire and you don't get credit. Anyway, reading through these posts makes me wonder if this is the sort of thing that might lead to not getting credit sometimes? I mean, if you didn't go thru SR, but just looked at say Old Navy to see what you wanted, and then, after clearing cookies, went thru SR to make your purchase, is this the sort of thing they're cracking down on?
    I guess I have gone thru SR to look at the site first - cleared cookies then. Usually I go back the next day to buy, and so haven't really had problems with things crediting. Just wondering about this sort of thing more now after reading this thread.
    I don't shop online thru any other means than SR - and I would never have thot my credit could end up somewhere else anyway, so I will certainly be more careful about what I might click or other sites/stores I might visit before buying something!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

This could explain my problem with getting credit from Office Depot. When we need something here for our home office I always go directly to their site and another office suppy store (not a SR merchant) to compare the prices. When comparing, I always figure in my % back from SR - if Office depot has the better price (usually the % back gives them the edge), then I come here, log in and shop, therefore if it wasn't for this site - I would be purchasing from the other supply place!
    Ellen

EPCOT's Family of the Day, June 9, 2007

When I'm browsing, I go through SR! If there is something that I think I might want I put it in the basket, create an account and close it out. If I want the items, I go back later through SR and sign into my account. Most of the time the items are still there. I even do this if I think I've been browsing too long and as Angie has said, if you browse too long, they lose track of your cookies!

Sorry you didn't get your credit!
    Sunshine Rewards

Well this may be flawed thinking BUT when I think of or see something I want to buy be it from an ad or whatever. I usually check the site for the price and then check SR to see if they are a merchant AND if they aren't I will try and find it through SR first. IT is crazy that when you go to purchase and you click through SR they don't give credit because you have been to their site before. That is like saying I can't buy a shirt in Penneys if I saw it at Walmart first. Sheesh. I bet that is what happened with Disney and I have stuck to my guns and not purchased anything from them since December and I have found other gifts at other sites SO they may get too far ahead of themselves.
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards