Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walt Disney Books for report

Default Walt Disney Books for report

My 13 year old son is doing a report on Walt Disney. They had to pick someone famous who is no longer alive. He has to have 7 different resources for his information for his report. I thought about buying a couple of books (I would be interested in reading them too!)

Anyone have any good books I could pick up and know where I could buy them from?
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

My absolute favorite is Walt Disney: An American Original by Bob Thomas. It's very comprehensive without being to wordy, in other words plenty easy for a 13 year old. Another one I have is The Quotable Walt Disney compiled by Dave Smith. This one really won't give much info, but a quote or 2 from another source might come in handy in trying to use 7 resources I would check abebooks if you want SR credit, they're 1 of my favorites. Huge selection, cheap prices, fast shipping, and always credits for me. Hope this helps. Can they use a DVD as a resource? I have 1 to recommend if so, just can't remember the title, I'll have to check at home.
    Lisa

Sunshine RewardsPhotobucket

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Can different websites provide as a resource? DS8 had to do a famous (dead) person and he ended up choosing Milton Hershey. (Of course we had just came back from DC and he could have picked any president! lol) He was able to use books from the library plus different websites that provided a lot of useful information. (He did think of Walt but 1 or 2 others picked him and he wanted to be different. So he was really mad when another girl who happens to have a crush on him also picked Hershey! lol)
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    Can different websites provide as a resource? DS8 had to do a famous (dead) person and he ended up choosing Milton Hershey. (Of course we had just came back from DC and he could have picked any president! lol) He was able to use books from the library plus different websites that provided a lot of useful information. (He did think of Walt but 1 or 2 others picked him and he wanted to be different. So he was really mad when another girl who happens to have a crush on him also picked Hershey! lol)
    Yes. He can use a couple websites, as many books, magazine articles, etc. as long as they come up to 7.

I like the quotable book! That would be nice to add to the report....I LOVE reports! I will have to make sure that he does it ON HIS OWN! I will have to tape my mouth shut because I think it is SO fun writing research papers! Hold me back!
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    Yes. He can use a couple websites, as many books, magazine articles, etc. as long as they come up to 7.

I like the quotable book! That would be nice to add to the report....I LOVE reports! I will have to make sure that he does it ON HIS OWN! I will have to tape my mouth shut because I think it is SO fun writing research papers! Hold me back!

LOL Where were you when I was in college????????????
    Sunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

I just sent you a pm about some stuff.

Thanks Lisa! I ordered those 2 books. I never knew that store existed! What great prices! I will have to remember that place for future buys!
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

My DD and I just read a semi-fiction book about Disney World. The Mystery at Disney World by Carole Marsh. It is not necessarily about Walt Disney but DW.

Semi-fiction is a weird word but not sure how to describe it! It is about some kids who love Disney and travel around MK. They use real info in the book so that part is real. Does that make sense??

I hope this helps SOMEBODY out. It is not for young kids...unless a parent reads it with them. PM if you want to know why...don't want to ruin it.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    LOL Where were you when I was in college????????????
    I never considered myself a nerd....but I guess I have a few nerdy qualities! LOL I loved getting my 3 1/2 X 5 cards out, doing the outline, looking through dozens and dozens of microfish (do they still have those?), and thumbing through old - and I mean OLD - magazines, for information about certain topics! I was always the first one done with my report.....ahhhh...those were the days!
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post

You're not alone Angela! Remember I was an English major, most of my friends thought I was crazy for picking a major where reading and writing weren't just requirements, but the total focus of all the classes! Then... I went back to grad school to become a librarian. I went from my own reading and writing, to wanting a profession where I could tell others what to read and how to research! I think I'm at least 1 "geek" level above you!

Anyways, the DVD is Walt: The Man Behind the Myth...A portrait of a legend from those who knew him best. I would highly recommend watching this even if it can't be used for the report. As a Disney fan in general you'll appreciate it.

I'm glad you liked abebooks. It's my favorite because you can choose the condition of your book and they have such a variety. It's like shopping in a world wide book store!
    Lisa

Sunshine RewardsPhotobucket