Thread: Ideas needed for Teacher gifts

Default Ideas needed for Teacher gifts

The end of the school year is fast approaching and as always, I am at a loss as to what to give my kids' (3- a pre-schooler, a 2nd-grader, and a 4th-grader) teachers for gifts.

I was thinking about Borders gift cards, but I bet they are inundated with gift cards! Any suggestions?

I'd go with the bookstore giftcard, myself (my mom could always use those when she was teaching).
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I love that idea because they can then either buy something for themselves OR something for the classroom.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Our teachers like gift cards. I usually get them Walmart gift cards so they can school supplies, snacks for school, things for themselves, or whatever.

I know some of them also like fast food gift cards for a quick coffee or drink before or after school.

I also get our teachers, during different times of the year, stickers and school supply items (sticky pads, pens, highlighters, etc.) Our teachers are getting less and less spending money from the school for their supplies. We, as the PTO, try to have the teachers fill out wish lists at the beginning of the year and pass it out to parents so they know some of the needs. Maybe you could mention this to your PTO for next year. It is VERY nice to know what things are needed so you don't have to worry about getting something that do not need or like.
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I agree. I was just talking to the other homeroom moms about this today.
    Teachers are getting less money for their classrooms and they really do spend a lot of their own money. Thankfully our home and school has been able to generously give each one an allowance but it's still not enough.

My DS's 3rd grade teacher is a HUGE Red Sox fan so the mom today was just saying she was going to try and get her 2 tickets to a Phillies/Red Sox game here in Phila. Their hard to come by for some reason but we know that's something she would love and really appreicate it. She's also a huge fan of B&N for herself and classroom so we know she would love and appreciate that too. His teacher last year and the other one the year before were both new nad out of college teaching elementary so they were also teaching summer school etc, we got them gift cards for gas and coffee etc that they could use, and the loved those too. (i.e Wawa was perfect for coffee, breakfast, lunch and gas!)
    Sunshine Rewards

What about Mrs. Prindables? Now that would be taking the ultimate apple to the teacher!! AND it's consumable which won't go to waste nor gather dust, but still says thanks for all you do in a "sweet" way.

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Quote Originally Posted by missangie View Post
    What about Mrs. Prindables? Now that would be taking the ultimate apple to the teacher!! AND it's consumable which won't go to waste nor gather dust, but still says thanks for all you do in a "sweet" way.
    That's what I was going to say!
    Something that they can enjoy and then not worry about storing.
    Sunshine Rewards

I think I am going to go the gift card route after all. . .especially since I'll get credit for them! I am also headed over to Mrs. Prindables to check it out, I've never been on that site.

Thanks for the input!

A couple years ago, our school's PTO gave all us teachers gift cards to Books A Million on the last day of post planning. I think that was the most well received item that we have received. We all enjoyed it to just go buy a leisure book to enjoy during the summer. It is not often that I get to read a book for pleasure except during the summer.

I'm also in the predicament to figure out what to buy my daughter's preschool teachers and her therapists that work with her. My friend is a speech language pathologist and she said they always like personalized notepads or notecards. So I'm trying to find a place to order cute notepads with their names on them. I've also thought of ordering labels with "This belongs to Mrs. XXXX" so they can put them on all their therapy supplies.
    DD's preschool teacher is young, in her 20's and not married. We go to church with her too, so we know her personally. She taught her sunday school last year as well. I know she doesn't get paid much as this is a church run school and she is not finished with college yet. So I"m thinking of movie bucks to go to the movies with her friends and a gift card to a restaurant nearby there to go eat afterwards. I'd also like to add a pedicure certificate with it. We will just see how much these cards add up.
    BUt I will tell you we teachers would welcome any type of gift card. A teacher at my school got the movie bucks yesterday for teacher apprecaition, which gave me the idea. She was thrilled to receive them.
    We don't need more mugs, bells, apples with our names on it, etc. Although, I would appreciate anything. In the type of classes I teach, I rarely get thanked! So I love to do as much as I can for my daughter's teachers.
    Oh, before you do buy a pedicure or massage card for someone, find out if they like it. One teacher told me she had a phobia about people touching her feet and gave a pedicure away that was given to her. I've made sure I've asked the mom of my DD's teacher if she thinks she would like the items I'm thinking of.

Happy shopping! And thanks for thinking of your child's teacher!