Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOL!! She's going to HIDE them!

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Default LOL!! She's going to HIDE them!

My mom just called to thank me for the Cheryl & Co Mom's Day order that I sent...granted it arrived a day earlier than scheduled & that's fine...it's just that I knew she'd be home on Friday...anyway...

As she was talking to me, I hear a crumpling of bags & she's reading off everything she got & there's a bunch of "oooohs" & "ahhhs" & she's very happy, but she's basically mumbling because she's got a mouth full of a brownie! I asked her if it was good & she said, "oh yeah...it's so good I'm going to hide these from your dad!"

At least I know where I get it from!! I hide food from DH too! Ha!! But only if it's the BEST of the BEST!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post

My mom just called to thank me for the Cheryl & Co Mom's Day order that I sent...granted it arrived a day earlier than scheduled & that's fine...it's just that I knew she'd be home on Friday...anyway...

As she was talking to me, I hear a crumpling of bags & she's reading off everything she got & there's a bunch of "oooohs" & "ahhhs" & she's very happy, but she's basically mumbling because she's got a mouth full of a brownie! I asked her if it was good & she said, "oh yeah...it's so good I'm going to hide these from your dad!"

At least I know where I get it from!! I hide food from DH too! Ha!! But only if it's the BEST of the BEST!!
    That's funny! But at least you got to find out very definitely that your gift is appreciated!! -- I'd want to hide something that good from my DH too -unfortunately for me he's got a nose like a bloodhound for goodies - a cookiehound nose you might say! Nothing can stay hidden.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

My MIL got her necklace from My Jewelry Box on Monday and opened it right away. She called me all excited, said she loved it, She didn't even talk to DH cause she knew I picked it out and wanted to thank me. Its nice when you debate so hard over what to get and then you know they love it. I got mine already, but you guys will be seeing that in a video blog shortly.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

So glad that she liked it! I have to hide things from my kids and DH too. Mainly my kids. My DH and I have different types of tastebuds! Dh got me chocolate covered strawberries and my kids were ALL over them.....the little brats.....
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by lanny76 View Post
    That's funny! But at least you got to find out very definitely that your gift is appreciated!! -- I'd want to hide something that good from my DH too -unfortunately for me he's got a nose like a bloodhound for goodies - a cookiehound nose you might say! Nothing can stay hidden.
    Same here! DH can sniff it out and he's found most of my spots so I've had to find new ones..

BUT when he knows it's something special for me (usually it's stuff for everyone I hide bc it'll be gone to fast) he knows to leave it alone, like the cookie sampler Jen sent me for my bday! I still have half of them left sitting in the fridge (in the back so their not in plain sight and he's not bugging me why I haven't finished them yet) and I'm proud that he hasn't had ONE!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    So glad that she liked it! I have to hide things from my kids and DH too. Mainly my kids. My DH and I have different types of tastebuds! Dh got me chocolate covered strawberries and my kids were ALL over them.....the little brats.....
    LOL!! Me too!! My DH is pretty good about asking before eating (trained him LONG ago, LOL). The girls on the otherhand...they ask, but they bat their big bright eyes and offer up their sweetest looks so that Mommy can't say no. Darn it! They get me everytime...sigh...
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

I always have to hide from dh! otherwise they are gone right away

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    Same here! DH can sniff it out and he's found most of my spots so I've had to find new ones..

BUT when he knows it's something special for me (usually it's stuff for everyone I hide bc it'll be gone to fast) he knows to leave it alone, like the cookie sampler Jen sent me for my bday! I still have half of them left sitting in the fridge (in the back so their not in plain sight and he's not bugging me why I haven't finished them yet) and I'm proud that he hasn't had ONE!
    I hide things in the oven....they would never think to open that up!!! (or, sometimes if it's sealed, in the washer or dryer). Cuz, there again...not some place that they would ever dream of going into!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
    I hide things in the oven....they would never think to open that up!!! (or, sometimes if it's sealed, in the washer or dryer). Cuz, there again...not some place that they would ever dream of going into!
    Good ideas! Except, knowing my somewhat scatterbrainy-ness, I might forget they were in the washer or dryer, throw clothes in and start the machine - then have a big mess!!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

And ladies - a GREAT place to hide things that noone would look, is your tampon box! No kidding! It is a GREAT hiding place for all sorts of things!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards